chapter 21 | Love me

His eyes meet mine right when he was smiling, but the woman standing before him turns around to look at me.

"Oh, y/n?" he removes his hand from the side of her face. This face that brings back to my mind the features of the woman, who is, from what I heard, very close to Jungkook. He smiles at me but puts his hands in his pockets as the woman just stepped back to establish some space between them that was not existent a second ago.

I don't know if I'm frozen on my spot or just frozen from the inside. I'm a dumbass.

Realizing that I interrupted something, I hide the present behind me and lose all the joy I had. "I...I'm sorry...I thought you wouldn't be here yet..."

"It's all right, don't worry," his bright smile doesn't bring mine anymore,  but the woman gazes up at him, making his big eyes peek at her. With a simple look, she steps aside. "Let's talk about it later," she grins but walks towards me to pass by me and leave. "You can come in—"

"No..." I cut his sentence short. "I...I'll maybe come back later..." I go back but grab the handle of the door to drag it in my action, but he hurries to reach me out. "Wait, y/n," he catches the door before I could close it and comes closer. "You can come in now, I was talking with her but it's alright, we have the time to talk if you want," he doesn't figure out what is the problem, smiling at me.

"I'm fine...I didn't want to bother you—" my arm gets grabbed when I was about to walk away, and with the most softness ever, pulls me back to get me inside the room and close the door.

I keep my eyes down to not let him see the pain through the tears growing in them but feel his hand wrap my wrist to put the box of chocolate into his sight. He takes it and looks at it while I can only see his chest and lower body. "What is that?" he asks through the tension flying through the silence.

I step back to be against the wall, but he keeps both of his veiny hands on the box. "Nothing..."

"Y/n," he pronounces my name in an earnest voice. "Look at me," he tells me to do. Without having the guts to disobey, I raise my eyes up, but only to his glossy lips. "What's that?" he points the item out, but I shrug, merely. "A present..."

He breathes out, sharply, getting this even more difficult for me. He doesn't say anything more but simply stares at me, fiddling with the box in one hand but tucking the other in a pocket of his trousers. This silence is way more painful than anything else, not knowing what's on his mind at this exact moment is hard. He must understand, feel uncomfortable or lost.

I can be fake and pretend that I'm okay, but with him, I find it tough. As if I couldn't hide the way I really feel once he's before me.

He doesn't say anything but turns his back to me to walk up to his desk and put the box of chocolates down on it, before staying in his position for no reason known.

I stare at him without knowing what to do, feeling hurt and dumb. When I walked in, I could see his face close to hers, he had his hand on the side of it, so what was happening was obvious.

Is he thinking deeply that he's not saying anything at all? He usually knows what to say, what to do, so why is he so soundless?

A sharp exhalation runs out of him, but he lifts one hand up to his face, I wipe my tears away as he's still not looking at me but snivel a bit too loudly. I shouldn't act so immature in front of this, but I guess I'm too weak to control my emotions.

"Do you want me to leave...?" my trembling voice humiliates me, but I don't pay attention to it. He knows I'm crying behind him anyway. He turns around and combs his fluffy hair back, ruffling it but leaning back on his desk. "What is happening in your head, y/n?" he questions me with some calm in his voice. "Hm? I want you to tell me."