chapter 8 | Darling

"Well, would you rather be called daddy?" I don't feel any shame at all since it's to joke with him, but a chortle slips out of him, and he leans back to drop his hand on the back of the chair next to him. "You young people are weird."

"Then what's that lenny face you made?" I point out with confidence but see his look become full of incomprehension. "That what?"

"Lenny face," I repeat as he seems to not have heard me well, but he frowns. "What's that?" he makes it evident he doesn't know what this is, so I laugh at him. "Are you that old?"

A gentle kick in my calf makes it even more enjoyable as I know I hit a weak spot. "If you don't want to go back home, you watch your mouth."

"I'm joking," I fill my mouth with the ice cream but glance down, I grab my phone that I left on the table and get on the internet to do a 'lenny face' research. "Here's what it is," I turn the device in his direction and show him, so he bends over and lays his eyes on the image. "Ahh, all right."

"See, you learn new things because of me," I lock my phone and put it down, but he smirks at me. "Oh. I guess I'm smarter now," the irony in his voice reverberates through his words like ever, and I glare at him. "Are you mocking me?"

"No, I'm not," he gives me a smug smile, but I keep quiet. I feed him once more to make sure he enjoys this with me. "You're lucky I know you won't be able to finish this all by yourself."

"Or else what?" I put some whipped cream in my mouth as I cannot get enough of the taste, but he crosses his arms and answers. "Or else I wouldn't be eating."

I smile but consume the ice cream and share with him but also don't forget the waffle.

•••

4 pm.

As we're now heading to the exit after spending some more money on clothes and other items, I look down at Jungkook's veiny hand that is free just right next to mine while the other is carrying the few bags for me. I nibble on my bottom lip but reach out for his fingers to slide my smaller ones between them and feel the warmth of his skin comfort me with nothing but this contact.

"What are you doing?" he reacts momentarily to this touch, but I look straight in front of me. "You told me to stay with you, so I make sure we don't get separated..." I use this ridiculous excuse. "And my hand is cold..."

"Yes sure," his hand tightens its hold around mine to return the fondness. "Your hand is cold," he doesn't believe in my stupid pretext, but I don't care, now he's holding my hand. "If you want I can give you my jacket, and you'll be able to warm your hands up in the pockets you know," he smiles at me, probably figuring out why I'm doing this. "No, you'll be cold if you take it off," I argue with him to not let him win, and he chuckles.

His eyes go away from me, but he comes to a dead stop, his features not exuding any positive emotions anymore. "Jeon Jungkook..." a man's voice echoes through the parking lot, so I take my eyes off of Jungkook to look at him. I don't stumble upon one man, but four.

Jungkook doesn't let go of me but positions me right behind his tall figure. "What are you doing here?" his voice catches a tone I've never heard from him, and my veins freeze, some distress taking over me. What is happening right now?

"You know damn well what I'm doing here," he replies but gets Jungkook's hand to tighten its hold on mine. "You leave me alone. I told you several times, I don't have that money anymore, and even if I had, I wouldn't pay that bitch. Got it?"

"Excuse me?" some footsteps resound but make me peek over the body that protects me. "How did you just call my sister?" he doesn't stop but inches closer with the other men, all of them looking like business guys who only cause trouble. Jungkook sighs, but the one approaching us chuckles.