Chapter 16

I knew I'd be late because I couldn't decide what to wear even though Tita Maggie's closet offered a lot of options. In the end, I chose the rose gold velvet string dress. I cut my bangs for about an inch and tied my hair in a low messy bun. I slipped on the metallic heels after I did my rosy makeup look that complimented my skin tone. Then, I took a selfie with a caption "Off to BGC" and sent it to Menandro before I drove away.

Gliding towards the entrance, I already saw Zaike in our reserved table. She noticed me, too. Ngumiti ako at binilisan ang paglalakad patungo roon.

"Hi!" bumeso ako sa kanya bago umupo sa silyang katapat ng sa kanya.

She giggled. "Looking good, girl!"

"You, too!" I replied. She was wearing a black midi dress and her long, brown hair was tied up.

We started catching up while we were choosing our order. It's been a while and it felt good to see an old friend.

Pinaikot-ikot ko 'yung pasta sa tinidor. "Thank you for making time kahit busy ka."

"No problem, Hails. Ngayon ka na nga lang nagawi dito, eh. Of course, I'll make time no matter how busy I am."

Looking at Zaike, I could tell that she's changed a lot. Physically speaking, yes. She got rid of her big eyeglasses when, in fact, she was afraid of wearing contacts back then. She grew her hair and even dyed it even though she hated the smell of chemicals. And I could see how... uncomfortable she is as she kept moving in her chair.

I sipped the juice and continued to eat my food as if I didn't see anything. But it was really bugging me! Plastikan ba 'to? Why, then? As far as I remember, I was, still, a good friend to her.

I called the waiter and asked for the bill. Nagpaalam si Zaike na pupunta sa powder room. Ni hindi man lang niya naubos ang kanyang pagkain. She order the most expensive thing in the menu. Hindi ba masarap?

I took my phone out and read Menandro's reply.

From: Menandro

You're blindingly beautiful. Take care and have fun :)

Natawa ako. Blindingly? Ganunpaman, malaki ang naitulong ng message niya sa kalituhang nararamdaman ko ngayon.

Kinuhaan ko ng picture 'yung plato ko. I added a grainy filter and typed in a shady text before I posted it on my IG story.

Should've brought someone who can EAT.

Nawindang ako sa dami ng nag-react at nag-reply sa story ko. Kabilang na si Menandro sa mga iyon.

m.r.silverio: Is it too late to drop by?

Nangingiti, sumandal ako at pinag-krus ang aking mga binti.

LazyHailey: don't you dare girl's night nga eh

The chit has arrived and I inserted some cash in. Balak ko na rin sana pumunta sa powder room para maghugas ng mga kamay at mag-retouch kaya lang hindi pa bumabalik si Zaike. She left her purse in her chair and her phone on the table.

I groaned and grabbed her stuff. My pee was sending a tingling sensation all over my body and it couldn't wait!

Habang naglalakad, nag-vibrate ang phone ni Zaike. Wala sa loob akong napatingin sa screen. A message from Maricar was sent to a group chat called 'BISS'.

Maricar Calle: So you ordered the most expensive item in the menu? :D

Mabilis na sumunod ang chat ni Cless.

Cless Magdayao: You should also let her pay for the drinks. That bitch is a walking ATM machine, you know?

Napa-preno ako at paulit-ulit na binasa ang mga chat nila hanggang sa nag-sink in iyon sa utak ko.