34. Scarlett and Aeson

"I am fascinated
 by the shape
 of your lips
 and how they fit

 so perfectly

 with the shape of mine."

~ Christy Ann Martine

Lying below the depths of the ocean, is that part of the earth's crust called the lithosphere

Lying below the depths of the ocean, is that part of the earth's crust called the lithosphere. This houses the strange and elusive tectonic plates. These plates are constantly moving below the movements of the things on the surface of the earth; continuously, slowly moving.

Sometimes, these tectonic plates lock together, unable to move.

The friction births huge amounts of energy that reverberates into the world and the earth shakes.

Ace Hardwood knew this.

Scarlett Ambrose had read about this in various books.

They knew the effects of the shifting of tectonic plates and as their lips collided with each other's, they wondered whether the world felt the same earth-shattering, ground-breaking feeling that they did.

Ace pulled Scarlett off of the ledge, putting one arm around her waist, holding her to him, steadfastly. His other hand cupped the side of her face, his long fingers tangling in her loose hair, as he held her face close to his. Ace Hardwood kissed like he meant it; at least, he kissed Scarlett like he meant it.

Scarlett basked in the warmth that radiated off of Ace as he held her close, kissing her, warming her, as the slow droplets of rain fell around them. If kissing in the rain was a dream, Scarlett was almost sure that she was asleep. Ace's strong arm around her waist, Scarlett's feet barely touched the ground. Her fingers gripped his open collar, grazing the warm skin on his neck.

It was unclear to both of them how long they kissed for; it was so long that they were breathing raggedly, but not long enough to be nearly satisfied.

Slowly, they pulled away. Scarlett pressed her palms to Ace's chest and he rested his forehead against hers, still holding her to him as they both breathed out a sigh of a laugh.

"We should go inside," Scarlett murmured, fingering the buttons on Ace's shirt.

He breathed out one long sigh and hummed an acceptance. Untangling his fingers from her hair, he took one of her hands in his and stepped back, pulling her towards the living room.

She stopped. "Aeson."

He turned slowly, reveling in the sound of his name in the tone of her voice. He nodded at her, questioningly.

Scarlett tugged on his hand. "Kiss me again in the rain, with all it's magic."

Ace watched her glittering eyes and slowly took two steps forward, happy to be touching her again. He took her face in both his hands and stared into her eyes with his intense, emerald gaze for a few seconds before he lowered his mouth to hers again.