Exam

Ember's POV:

Fuck my life, fuck my life, fuck my life. So I have my online yr 12 exam today and I am flipping out. Jinxx has to supervise me to make sure I am not cheating and everyone decided that they wanted to stand around me and just stare, it's awkward. Anyway I had five minutes till the test began and CC was just talking to me to calm me down.

"You will be fine, you know it, I know it, Jinxx knows we all know it. Jinxx said that he thinks your ready and you know he can't lie because he starts hiccupping." CC said making me laugh. I had 30 seconds left on the timer and so CC pulled me in for a kiss. When we pulled apart we held our foreheads together and he whispered to me.

"Good luck."

Love my life, love my life, love my life.

----------------------------------------- 2days later------------------------------------------------------

While we were sitting in the living room watching tv I was thinking about the fact that my exam results were meant to come today. I had already checked my phone 10 times to see whether mum had text me, because obviously my results were sent to her. I opened up my phone to check twitter when I finally got a call from my mum.

"Hi mummy what did the results say????!!!" I shouted as soon as I answered before I put my phone on speaker and everyone crowded around.

"Welll I'm sorry to say dear...." she started to say and we all got worried looks on our faces. CC gripped my free hand as we look at each other in anticipation.

"YOU PASSED!!!!!! Sweety you got 98%" everyone burst into cheers and engulfed me in a giant group hug, suffocating me in the process.

"Guys... Can't breathe... Mum still on the phone." I said with a raspy voice. They released me and I said sorry to my mum.

"Soooo mum, two things."

"Oh god no. What is it?"

"Well did you remember your promise to me if I got over 80%?" she promised to help me start up a dance studio and establish a career.

"Yes, when you get back we will start looking for a building and planning k sweety?"

"thanks mum, and by the way... While I was in LA I may have gotten a tattoo." get ready for a freak the fuck out lecture.

"WHAT!!! I TOLD YOU NOT TO RUIN YOUR SKIN LIKE YOUR BROTHER DID!!!!!!" and there it is.

"I know but mum guess what it is?"

"What is it?"

"Debbies owl, the one we used to draw on souls of our shoes to remember her. I got her name in a banner wrapping around the owls feet." Debbie was special to both of us, ever since she drowned mum has never had a connection like that with anyone else. Debbie was her best friend...

"Well that almost makes up for you getting some ink. Look sweety I.. I got to go. I have work in a bit. I l...love you." she said and I could here her voice crack while she was trying to hold back her tears. That's what happened when we remembered Debbie. When we first found out we drew a special owl like the one I now have on my wrist, on the souls of every pair of shoes in the house. So that she was always going to be walking with us and that we never forgot her.

Once my mum hung up CC and Jessie decided we should go out and celebrated my results so we all went to get ready. I walked up to CC and I's room and sqt on the bed. I felt tears drop down my cheek and I turned on my phone. I went through my photos before I found the last picture of Debbie and I before she died and that's when I broke down crying.