chapter 18

New Years Eve :

Shannon was about to come home and I was ready to go party in New York City.   The weather was gonna  be cold but well worth the trip in the end.I was so excited.  I remember he told me he used to love to to go to New York with his friends and celebrate.  He agreed to let me meet Jared and get to know him.   Shans car pulled up and I put on my black pea coat and heels.  Sprayed myself with his favorite perfume and met him downstairs.  He turned off the engine and got out of the car.  He smiled so big and  I felt my cheeks blush.  Me" you ready to go babe".  He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist kissing me.  S" you look beautiful baby ".    Me" you don't bad your self. ".   He word a black outfit with a fedora.  He looked stunning. 

He opens the door and let me inside and closed it .   I could feels eyes on my neck and turned around.  There in the back seat was Jared.   He smiled and once again I felt my cheeks burn. J" hell there,  we meet again ".    Me" hello".   He leaned in and said in my ear " don't worry I won't bite that is unless you want me too ".  He winked at me and I turned around.   Shannon got in the car once he locked up the house.  S" ready? ".   Me" mmhmm".   He looked back at Jared and he was busy looking out the window of the car.

As we arrives at the airport, I feel the tension between them. It was unnerving. I fixed my skirt and felt Shannon grab my hand and pull me over to him.  Me" hey,  you ok?".   S " yep,  we have dinner plans ".  Me" what about.... ".     S " what about him?".    I looked back to Jared and he was looking at me.  I felt bad that Shannon was being so possessive.  Half hour later,  we came to a cute little Italian place on the street of Manhattan.  So sweet beautifully lit and not very busy.  S" you enjoying your salad ".   Me" yep, you? ".   S" Julie".   Me" what Shannon? ".     He looked away and exhaled in a pissed off way.  Me" oh ok now your gonna ignore me?  That's nice ".    S" stop".   Me" stop what?  What am I doing? ".   S" you are making me feel bad because Jared isn't here ".   Me" did I say that? ".    We went for awhile without talking,  No this was akward. 

Hour before the ball drops in Time Square.  I waited for my hole life to see it in person , I wasn't about to let anyone ruin this for me. We got back ton our hotel and I could hear Jared's door open.  Shannon stepped in and I watched Jared stop in his doorway.  We looked at each other and said not a word. Seconds later,  S" hey come inside ".     I followed him and the door shut.  Jared was mysterious to me.  I had no clue what he was all about. 

Ten minutes till the ball drops :

It was chilly out now, I wrapped my body in a fuzzy blanket and enjoyed a glass of champagne. It was gonna be a good year. I couldn't wait to spend it with him.   I was happy that we took the next step and everything was solid.  S" babe, I need some ice could you grab some from out in the hall. I'm gonna jump in the shower ".  I kissed him and took a bucket with me. I came to the ice machine and filled it then headed back to the room.  Oh no!  I forgot my key!   And shans in the shower?  The ball is gonna drop and I wasn't gonna see it.  I laid my head on the door and lost hope. That is until his door opened.  J" you ok? ".    Me" yea,  just locked out ".   J" wanna come in my room until he's done?".      Auh hell why not.  At least I can see the celebration from his balcony. 

I follow him in his room and walk over to the sliding door.  The view was the same as ours.   One minute till the new year. I tried to call Shannon but still no answer. There goes the kiss at midnight.  Jared stepped over behind me, I could feel then heat form his breath on my neck.   Me" maybe i should go,  and see if.......".  He backed me up against the rail and touched his hand to my face and I without realizing it,  closed my eyes.  Damit snap out of it!    FIVE.... FOUR ....THREE.... TWO.....ONE..... HAPPY NEW YEAR!      He kissed me and pressed his body on mine.  I didn't know what hit me.  My body was on fire. He kissed me? What did I just do?   My phone was on silent &  buzzing andof course  Shannon was calling.  He left a message and  said " hey babe,  how come your not back yet I missed the kiss at midnight.  Come back I miss you ".