Chapter 1: Temporary Distractions

Well, guys 'Furn Star' may have ended, but the story is not done!!! 😁 Now that that the Obsidian Arc is 'done', I can add a bit more about the side characters as well as the main ones' relationship!! 😋 Remember, after this chapter comes less somber topics!!! At least at the forefront of the story. 😅

Jackson's Perspective
     It all suddenly stopped. Time, the shaking, everything. It was hard to grasp at the situation. I could sense residual Magic, some type of Demon and... Obsidian!!!
     I made sure that Percy was all right and sprinted out of the house. I saw a crowd and barreled my way through. Once I hit the center, people in suits tried to get in my way, but all I could think about was what happened, 'cause with what I was feeling...

     A man had told them to stand down, which is good considering I would've steamrolled them without regard. I saw a familiar dark body. Large yet limp. I couldn't keep my eyes off it, but my body refused to get any closer. I couldn't check, but with his Magic decaying, I had to face facts... HE'S DEAD.

     Warmth ran down my face. It was all coming out and I couldn't stop it. Just like then, just like now. I haven't changed, not one bit. I'm still such a baby, crying in front of my brother just like as a child, just like at my ranking match.
      No matter how much I've trained and gotten stronger, I haven't changed in the slightest. I cried and cried, the sun still glaring down on the city as the mass of people watched on.
     I stopped for a second. And the man from before did too. I scurried towards Obsidian, not having the time to get up and run. A black fluid-like substance came gushing out of his back. The beast-shaped creature was coming from him and surveyed the surroundings before grabbing my brothers head. A 'Crunch' hung stale in the air, making me feel it in my neck. I almost attacked, but the force of the Magic was demonic, it even had a hint of Obsidian's signature!
      After a few moments, Obsidian's eyes fluttered, revealing the oddly colored globes. "Obsidian?!" His head kinda slumped towards me instead of turned, but a weak chuckle escaped his muzzle as he patted my head and fell unconscious.

Percy's Perspective
     I'm really worried now. If I thought he was mad at Caleb, I don't know how to describe the fury he had.
     Jackson was told by his instigator of a father that his brother admitted he spoke with a demon, in fact, from what was recorded, the demon he fought was the one he'd been rendezvousing with.
     I've had talks with him these past few days, and I know Jacky put his entire faith in his brother. Not only did he think he was dead, but his feelings of respect now seem to have nowhere to go. An emotional rollercoaster is not good for someone already so unstable.
     I made the mistake of not seeing it before, but I've been doing everything in my power to make him feel better, and while it has worked; he has been talking to everyone, made up with Caleb and has been a ray of sunshine, at night I can tell he's not letting this go.

     Well, Obsidian woke up to a punch in the face. Ms. Alabaster tried and stop him saying, 'Stop!!! Obsidian is-' but was cut off by the newly awakened brother.
     "You know, forgiveness is something that everyone needs."
     "Yeah. Like you with demons." He said it firmly, without thinking. "Oh.. shit. I'm sorry babe."
     I paused. He's right... "It's fine, I forgive you. Will you forgive me?"
     He gave me a compassionate hug. "Of course." He gave me another deep, tingling kiss.
     It may become a requirement to be a Lightning-User to date me.~

Obsidian's Perspective
     "That punch hurt worse than dad's. I guess I didn't set up a defense, but still..." This could be bad.
     I stopped in the woods looking for someone. "I hope you know you put both our lives at risk with your little stunt." I could hear the cold, slow-ish speech of the person I was meeting.

     "I went through a great-deal of pain and had to use a lot of power to keep my body stable during that time, all the while talking with the other Devils!"     I rubbed the back of my head

     I rubbed the back of my head. "Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm sorry," my carefree tone quickly changed to a serious one, "did your objective get met?"
     He let out a bit of a giggle, "Yeah, of course. They've put their trust in me all over again. What about you?"
     "Mortals and Demons are alike in that shows of fidelity will shift even the most heinous-seeming things out of mind... The public still adores me and the government doesn't know how to proceed."
     He looked out towards a river. "Looks like we may pull off your crazy dream."
     I put my hands in my pockets, eyes open and reflecting light. "Yeah... even if it costs me my very life..." Bel gave a concerned look and snickered it off. I laughed with him.