Chapter 8

Pewter city gym

Today is the day, I am finally gonna get my first badge. Sorry Brock but you ain't coming with me. As an apology, I'll drag your dad here. I got pikachu on my shoulder and pidgeys pokeball ball in my hand.

My team(except gibble) had destroyed the trainers population's ego. Each and every person who has wandered into the forest with a pokemon was beaten by me. I crushed the arrogant or abusive trainer and guided and helped the kind or younger trainers.

By today the entire town was talking about a young boy clad in black and red, destroying egos and helping the young trainers.

Pidgey was already showing the signs of evolution before I caught it. I had delayed it's evolution to let its body become stronger and more used to using the elements. She had reached the ceiling in terms of physical strength and elemental technique. I told her that she can evolve today.

I walked up to the receptionist and asked." Is the gym leader present here? I wish to challenge him for the badge."." He is here let me notify him, he will be here shortly." After waiting a while, Brock arrived. Some how he managed to look the exact same without looking unrealistic. The only change was that his eyes were open and they looked a bit arrogant. Guess that will happen if you were not beaten by three trainers from the same town, three times in a row.

"So your here. I'm Brock. I'm pewter's Gym Leader. My rock-hard willpower is evident even in my pokemon. My pokemon are all rock hard, and have true grit determination. That's right-my pokemon are all the rock type! Fuhaha! You're going to challenge me knowing you'll lose? That's the Trainers honor that compels you to challenge me. Fine, then! Show me your best!""sure.". He was more talkative but I made sure that I only used the pokemon series as a guide to judge.

Hating someone based of an alternate reality was not right. The only reason I did it with misty, was that all her behavior reinforced the mental image I had of her. Professor oak was not as forgetful and Gary was way more arrogant then from canon. Serena was even more adorable, cute and shy then ever showed.

Why is everyone I fight knuckleheads? Well whatever, the league appointed him, so they must have seen some qualities in him. The only thing I learned from my past memories are that the early gyms are terribly unbalanced.

Brocks Pokémon's defense and attack are monstrous, but their elemental defense is practically zero. The three gym leaders in cerulean need no explaining. Surge evolved to early, limiting the potential of a very talented pikachu. Celadon city. Erika was sexist, the wrong way and her gloom wasn't strong enough to withstand the fire for a few seconds. The other gym leaders have trained to their weakness to a minimum at the very least.

"Go geodude." " pikachu your up buddy" both of are pokemon got into position. My the receptionist was the referee," this is a battle between Brock the pewter city gym leader and ash from pallet town. Only two pokemon are to be used. Only the trainer can switch out their pokemon. Now begin!"

"Geodude defense curl then rollout""pikachu quick attack around it and iron tail"

Geodude immediately flexed then curled into a ball and started rolling towards pikachu, who had started building up quick attacks to pick up speed. Geodude was unable to even follow where pikachu went and all of a sudden it was hit by an iron tail from behind.

Even though unbalanced the great defense Brock had talked about showed. Even after being hit with an iron tail in the back, Geodude got up with only a few injuries. Sadly though another quick iron tail finished it off.

"Pikachu you had your fun now come back. Go pidgey"" is this an insult, an tiny pid-" yeah my pidgey had grown from 1 meter to1.2meters. So yeah he was shocked. He quickly snapped out of it and said" go golem". This was a major divergence from canon. Iquicky scrounged up two theories

1. I am in a different pokemon timeline which has a few Minor changes

2. Brock keeps certain pokemon for extra strong trainers

Enough theorizing it's time to fight." Begin in 321 go"" golem rock slide, then rock polish""pidgey quick steel wing"

Pidgey expertly moved through the rock slide, compared to the rocks I had her dodge under 2.3X gravity, this was nothing. Brocks plan to distract me and then to power up failed and his golem got steel winged in the face as a reprimand." Golem mega punch" that was pretty fast and pidgey got hit by it but, got up like a champ"pidgey gust and steel wing again"

The gust hit and did a bit of damage and distracted it enough for pidgey to get a steel wing in and golem finally fainted.

"I took you for granted, and so I lost. As proof of your victory I confer on you this.. the official pokemon league boulder badge." Some how how his stoic expression looked different without changing, not even I can do that. Mom always told me to be polite so"thanks! I hope to meet you again"

I left the pokemon center with all my pokemon healed and a boulder badge in my pocket. I send pidgey to look for some thing. I was contemplating some thing when she came back.

Good news, I won. Bad news, pidgey did not evolve. Good news, I found the pump which made pikachu stronger.
Well not exactly stronger per say. It was explained that the hydro mill made pikachu used to extremely high volts running through its body. I was gonna look into it, and get pikachu stronger than in the series.

"Gibble today we will be starting on using your dragon moves. Today I want you to hold dragon claw for as long as you can. If you get bored try changing the shape of the claws. You understand""gibble gib". It's intention was to simply become the strongest.

After nearly a few hours of walking I reached their. It did not look that grandiose but as long as it works, it works." Pikachu buddy I wanna gonna put a lot of electricity through your body. This will make lightning attacks much easier and your body stronger. You wanna do it?""pikapika" it said while nodding its head.

I made sure there were no negative effects and checked the machine for any structural weak points and after that was done, I stared it. At first pikachu could only hold it for a few minutes, but after every time, the duration would increase. I estimated that it would take a week or more for this technique to reach its limits. I will consider this a success if pikachu can hold it indefinitely.