Chapter 40

Literally the next day.

Of course I was asked by oak and the kanto league to help and capture a spy in the Devon corporation. Sigh, why can you morons do it yourself. Sure oak is just innocent if not a bit weird but the kanto league are doing this as a pr stunt. The question is why I'd the hoenn league accepting and even welcoming me here.

They know that this is a pr stunt that will make them look like they can't handle their own problems and need a 10 year olds help. There is no upside in this except for the fact that I would bring attention to their region. Sure it may be negative attention but any attention can be turned into a positive one if one knows how to handle it correctly. That or they want to cast me ina negative light but there is a major alliance that hoenn is dependent on.

But it is very tricky to handle this situation and such a major risk wouldn't be taken like that for no reason without any other motivation. They are planning something and I don't really care as long as they don't rope in my family or me in an unfavorable light.

Anyway ava's training was coming Along pretty well. She could now freeze an small lake and any ponds. Currently I was making her draw shapes with ice on the lake with varying thickness of ice. Like for example. 1 inch thick flower. 9 inches tick tree or some other types of pokemon. Of course I had her remove the ice the moment she was done training and we didn't use the same body of water for long periods of tim to try and not disturb the ecosystem.

Riolu had finally gotten to the point where it hit the species power ceiling. Riolu were a bit weird because they did have a power cap that could only be broken by an aura master/partner but since I am one of the last ones and no one other than historians even know about our existence, we weren't taken into account during research. So basically the power ceiling for Riolu can only be reached by aura partners but since they weren't present it was concluded that riolu doesn't have a power cap.

Riolu hasn't mastered the infinite jump like I have. Still doesn't quite matter. Anyway where was I? Oh right the spy in Devon corporation.

"Good morning sir. Welcome to Devon corporation". I was much taller than others my age but I was still only 4.6 feet tall. Calling me sir was a power play, by calling me sir, I would respond with something along the line of 'call me ash.' This would make him personally invested with me. Instead I just ignored his greetings and said

"What do we know about him and how. I don't want any assumptions, just cold facts." My voice was serious and I had projected a tiny amount of aura into my voice portraying me as a commanding figure. A 4.6 feet tall commanding figure but still important.

"We got it out of a grunt from interrogation, the only thing we know is that the spy is male and that he has his own pokemon who are capable of killing a human with a single attack. Using the last fact we narrowed down the potential pokemon to-"

"I am afraid I have to stop you right there. Pikachu volt tackle on the metal wall". Pikachu Leapt of from my shoulder and charged up electricity before running into the thick steel wall and cut through it like butter. Pikachu wasn't the 4 my strongest pokemon for no reason. As soon as it was done, I climbed back onto my shoulder.

"Any pokemon can kill. Just give me a list of every single employee in this company. Both make or female, doesn't matter"

"But sir what about the testimony saying that the spy was ma-" is this guy a moron?

"If your only piece of evidence is a testimony from a criminal interrogation then take it with a grain of salt. The only reason Devon Corp is even investigating this is on the off chance that the testimony is true." That is true.

"Yes sir! I shall do it immediately" who lit a fire under his ass? Doesn't matter determined employees work much better than lazy or bored ones.

I walked through the entrance and saw a futuristic white and blur design everywhere. Man the games underplayed every thing and so did the anime but still. I walked up to the elevator and went to the research and development floor. The receptionist of course tried to stop me but one look at my vvip all entry pass was enough for her to back away into her original position.

After listening to the surprisingly good elevator music I got out of the elevator at my designated floor. Looking around you could see a large amount of scientists wearing lab coats walking around. Each and every employee was present today, so, no the spy was absent bullshit they pull on movie and tv.

I went into the depths off my brain and brought out my inner Sherlock by enhancing my eyes a tiny bit and turning my observational aura to the absolute max and comet rated on one person.

My previous escort came out from one of the booths with a paper in his hand. He handed it to me and looking at it you would see a bunch of names with a mark next to them. These marks were indicating if the person in question had a pokemon or didn't.

"This is not an drill. This is an announcement. All science and research employees must report to the main area. I repeat. This is not an drill. This is an announcement. All science and research employees must report to the main area."

All the employees slowly funneled out of all their rooms and in front of me in a horizontal line. They were curious about why I was here but they didn't ask any question due to my vvip badge/pass. I walked past the line while observing them.

"You're pregnant"" you didn't finish drinking your coffee."" You're the spy" are the three things I said to three different people before the spy bolted away from me." Pikachu capture her, I need to interrogate her so keep her breathing for long enough""pi!"

It ran much faster than the spy ever could and pikachu tripped the spy incidentally flashing me her panties. Plain blue. Not interested." Well look who is here, team rocket. You aren't welcome here. Security arrest her and if you let her escape I will make you lose your jobs." See ya.

And that is how I became a master detective in the eyes of the newspaper and the public.