Chapter 28

2 days later

I was just waking up in my tent at 6 A.M. when professor oak called me." Ash, how are you doing?"

" I am fine professor, why did you call me at this hour. You don't even wake up at this time"

" I just wanted to let you know that daisy will be competing in her finals for the coordinators competition in Hoenn within 3 weeks. I wanted to know if you can be there."

mm if I fly on ari at optimal speed and distance I can cover around 100 KMs in around 1 day including rests and a few breaks. It will take around 4 days of continuous travel. If there are 21 days left then I need to leave in 17 days. If I round to 14 as a extra time to reach the competition in hoenn. I have two weeks. Can I beat Blaine within 2 weeks. Yes. Easily." I will be there for her"

"Thanks you were always there for her and your presence may help her morale.". Yay!

That above conversation means one thing. Speed. I am speed. I have to speed up and beat Blaine and if stop by viridian I can beat Giovanni then I can directly start a new journey in hoenn. There are lots of unimportant events I will ignore. I increased my walking speed by using the aura I regenerate and removing the extra gravity. I changed the training schedule to fit in better with the changes and rode over ari for a few times.

It was the very next day that I walked into a town with 2 unofficial gyms competing to be the only gym in the town. I simply challenged both of them to a fight by insulting both of them. Scyther and electabuzz vs gabite. Needless to say dragon rush destroyed them.

After bruising their ego and leaving I ran into a circus. A circus with a weird fire playing magician who was failing miserably." You're doing it wrong. If you instead try it like this along with this it will be much more showy." I taught him how to truly use fire as a trick. He kept on calling me sensei and master for some reason and cried when I left. Weirdo.

I found a jigglypuff who had a very sore throat. I instantly knew who this jigglypuff was. I gave it a berry to heal and 'guided' The jigglypuff into the town oth two gyms as they wasted my precious time.

I passed an area where an expedition was going to begin in almost a month. I guess I am a month ahead of both o.g. ash and Gary. Anyway I kept on going for a while until I decided to take a breather and rest for one full day. It was in. That one day vacation in which my pokemon rested and recooperated.

I passed by a sign saying that James parents are missing which was completely false. It was just a ploy to get him to the family. I was walking when I felt someone trying to steal my pokeballs. It was a farfetch. "Charmeleon flame wheel and dragon claw" fargfetch stood no chance.

I was barked at by a weird growlithe but I used aura to calm him down. It was a pretty nice technique that makes you more approachable. Officer Jenny came to see it barking at me so she apologized and asked if she could do anything for me. I asked for a few directions to make sure I was on route and happily I wasn't off by much.Thank god.

I started remembering my old days as a child when I saw a bunch of 7 year olds running around me. The townsfolk were rarely visited by any trainers as this town falls on a shortcut nobody takes as it only saves a few days of travel. Including my break it had been 1 week and I haven't even seen a hair of Blaine.

I stopped by a kids school when I saw a bunch of children. The pure nostalgia must have shown on my face or something cause the teacher came up to me and said that it was mostly the older people who came here with such nostalgia. The children of course noted my pokeballs and were very excited to see a strong pokemon.

Ari basked in attention. Leviathan was offended when the children ran away from him. Charmeleon and gabite were non cooperative and pikachu was bribed by the kids with ketchup. Riolu didnt mind as kids have pure souls or something. After spending a few hours I left and neared the city finally. The games don't do justice to the sheer size of a region. It would take a few months of on foot travel if you went in a straight line.

After a week of dilly dally I finally reached cinnabar. The gym was closed die to tourists but I simply walked up to a disguised Blaine and ripped his disguise of and challenged him." How did you know it was me?"" Oi old man, I ain't blind like you. I know what kind of person you are. Now can you hurry up I need to beat you and go back to mom" a few tick marks grew on his head before a nostalgic smile formed at his face. It must have been cause I am similar to red.