Chapter 39

The next day

Today is the day I reach the pokemon school headed by Roxanne the gym leader. I will be using Ava and riolu if needed. I had been looking for pokemon to catch but none quite caught my eye. I did come across the treecko nest but none wanted to join me. I was rejected mostly cause I was a human but meh!

Anyways the city was pretty weird in a sense that it looked like pewter but less rocky and more refined?It was pretty unique. Anyway the people weren't that welcoming but that is expected. Anyway after looking for a pokemon center to rest up a bit. After finding the blatantly obvious red roofed pokemon center, I entered and talked a bit with nurse joy.

I don't even wanna think about the 8X8=64 nurse joys just from the games. Let alone the anime. There are so many genetic inconsistencies that I couldn't count them. Still that's none of my business. I gotta beat Roxanne and catch a pokemon from hoenn. I mean I have only caught ava and she's from sinnoh.

Also pokemon type checklist.

Water type- leviathan

Fire type- charizard

Grass type- snover

Bug type-

Dark type-

Dragon- garchomp

Electric- Pikachu

Fairy-

Fighting- riolu

Flying- ari, leviathan

Ghost-

Ice- snover

Normal- ari

Poison-

Psychic-

Rock-

Ground- garchomp

Steel- riolu.

Wow I am missing a lot of types. I should probably get either a ralts or a dual type. Anyways as I was saying, I explored the little town before heading to the pokemon center for a good nights sleep. The next day I woke up and went to the gym and entered. It was almost like a mini cave course with elevated hills. Still I could appreciate the work that has gone into the gym

"Hello is anyone there? I am here to challenge the gym." My voice reverberated through the entire gym before echoing back to me. It was at that time when I heard a voice from behind me.

"I am Roxanne the gym leader. If you want to fight me then you need to have at least 2 pokemon. I hope that you are a challenge, unlike those other trainers" I guess that most trainers don't make it past the first few gyms here.

"I have enough pokemon plus I thought that Steven briefed you about me."

"Oh that's why I though you are so familiar. Let's fight. Two-on-two. But ...ah question." She looked almost bashful with the last sentence. Like she did something wrong.

"Go ahead, tell me what happened?"

"Well are you gonna use your pokemon from kanto? Cause I don't have a chanc-"Ahh that's why she is so worried. Leviathan could drown the entire gym with a sneeze, garchomp could remold the gym into an actual cave, charizard could turn this cave into a volcano.

"Don't worry about that. I will only be using my weakest pokemon which I caught in hoenn. Go snover" snover appeared on the fiel with a major determination boost. She had seen charizard and garchomp training a lot. Like we are talking destroying boulder with single attacks.

Her determination was improved and she would try and reach their levels and stay humble. If only she knew that I had beaten that humbleness into them, sheesh.

Anyways snover had only been training for a few days so she wasn't too strong, I would be happy if she could beat Roxanne's first pokemon." Go Geodude." Ah, that nostalgia. I to this day remember when I fought Brock with Pikachu and ari. Hoho those were the days.

Let's begin our match." Use blizzard, double team and tackle." All of a sudden, a minor blizzard came over the field, it want much but it obscured the vision of Roxanne and her pokemon. '"Geodude rollout" Geodude turned towards a side and to curled into a ball and started rolling at a fast speeed.

Geodude came closer and closer to snover but when Geodude finally hit snover but in that moment ava faded out of existence Revealing that she was a clone, normally clones don't have shadows but a high enough mastery allows for shadows to be copied as well. Ava was nowhere near that level of mastery so I cheesed it with blizzard, using it to lower visibility.

Geodude was now rolling in the wrong direction and before it could stop it was hit out of bounds by a tackle by Ava. In the end, Geodude was tainted and out of bounds with Ava having no injuries. Yay!

" That was a good move on your part but can you beat my nosepass?" Her voice had an excited undertone to it. She was like me, a battle maniac. I loved the thrill of the battle along with the intensity of adrenaline it provided." Wynaut?"

"Go nosepass. Rock tomb."

"Dodge and freeze the ground, skate on it and use body slam." Nose pass dropped out a chunks of rocks from the battlefield and started chucking them on Ava. In the meantime Ava had frozen the ground and moved out of the way from a few of the rocks and almost fainted but it kept on and stood back on her shaky legs.

" Use your finisher." In that moment Ava used mist, icy wind, ice shards and razor leaves. Mist was used to lower the already abysmal visibility. Icy wind was to lower the temperature and increase the speed of the projectiles. The projectiles were the major offensive attacks. This was avas finishing move.

The nosepass was unable to dodge most of the projectiles and was hit by most of the attacks and fainted on the spot leaving a half standing and exhausted Ava as the winner. Yay! Ava has kept up with the tradition of sweeping all the gym leaders. Yay!!!!! I walked onto the field and congratulated Ava before looking around the field.

The floor was frozen with a large amount of ground missing in chunks. There was a lot of mist in the air and it was much colder than normal.

"Ah I am sorry for the destruction I caused to the field."

"It's okay. I destruct the field more often with rock tomb then this. Don't sweat it. Here" she tossed me the badge." You have earned this badge. I wish you a happy journey"

"Thanks. Gotta ho take Ava to a pokemon canter and get her checked out."