Chapter 42

The very next day

Today I finally challenge brawly for the fighting gym badge. I think he had a makshika or something but I am using riolu and Ava cause beldum is not trained at all and is barely not a newborn. I had asked beldum if he wanted a pet name but he declined stating that he preferred his own Name.

I walked over to the gym and knocked on the doors. Now normally there would be more futuristic doors but brawly's gym is a very traditional gym and challenges the challengers bravery by using no lights.

Of course I received no answer beyond an automated response of 'if you can find me, you can challenge me'. Pretty arrogant of him to think that way but who am I to talk? I walked into the gym and saw pitch darkness. Like I am talking you can't see past your own hand and even that is hard to make out. This would be pretty devastatingly scary for someone afraid of darkness but I had spent around 6 months? In a womb.

Plus I could literally sense everything with aura. I imagine daredevil's perception of the world. It wasn't on fire per say but it was closer to Batman:Arkham's radio mode. Still it was pretty underwhelming for me so I didn't waste time and walked through a part which I knew would lead to brawly.

It was a pretty small gym so after 30 seconds of slowly walking to make sure that I don't give away my powers, I reached brawly.

"You have reached me and earned the right to challenge me." Pretty arrogant and a teeny tiny bit haughty but he has earned it. At least the rumors tell me he has earns it.

The lights turned on showing a battlefield, it was completely neutral but I could see that it had been used a lot.

"Go Machop use tackle"

"Riolu. Staff, extreme speed and swords dance"

A machop appeared on the field and started banging it's chest like a Gorilla. Riolu appeared in a flash of light and didn't waste any time and created an aura staff before swords dancing. Machop of course tried to interrupt by rushing towards riolu with a tackle.

Just as Machop was about to hit the swords dancing Riolu, Riolu disappeared. Thrown off by the sudden disappearance Machop skidded to a stop. The moment Machop stopped moving, Riolu appeared straight over the Machop with a staff in its hand moving at an extremely fast speed.

It was at that moment Machop knew That it fucked up.

Machop was sent flying away off the field and onto the the walls of the gym before falling off and fainting. Brawly looked like he had eaten garabador and was in a state of shock cause most pokemon trainers don't make it past his Machop, he had been beating the riffraff for so long that he believed he was actually powerful. Poor boy, he is a product of the system. A filter for the weak will believe itself to be the strongest.

" Oi pick up your jaw or I will have to do it for you" He shook his head and got back onto the task at hand which was of course beating me

"Go makuhita. Use arm thrust don't hold back."

"Riolu lose the spear and practice hand to hand, extreme speed to dodge,"

Makuhita started gathering energy into his hands for a thrust while riolu dismissed the aura spear and rushed towards makuhita.

The moment Riolu reached the range of his attack, makuhita attacked with a thrust. Riolu saw the thrust and flipped over, mid-flip it caught makuhita's arm and judo threw it to the edge of the ring. Before makuhita could make sense of what it had just witnessed, it was punched din the face by an extreme speed courtesy of Riolu fist.inc.

The attack knocked makuhita out of bounds and unconscious." Not bad brawly, train a bit more and you could become a decent trainer."

Saying that I took the badge he had kept on him and walked out.

"Riolu did you know what you did wrong?"

"Ri??" Riolu looked confused, it had sweeped the entire gym without a scratch. How did it do something wrong?

"You gave your opponent a chance to attack, every chance they get to attack the more likely it is they will hit you. Even if the chance of that thrust hitting you is 0.1 percent, it can happen and at this rate it will happen. Never give an chance to an enemy without a 100% win rate."

If someone else saw that I was scolding a pokemon for sweeping an entire gym without a scratch, they would go completely mad with anger and green with envy. Especially if they knew what I was scolding him about. They would probably try and slap some sense into me, ahah.

"Ri!" Riolu looked fired up and ready to tumble and rumble. Beldum had been training the hardest of us all but it's interactions with Ava and showed me that under its cold hard exterior I he was nursing a crush on Ava. Ahah. It is like a bunch of kids playing in a park.

Ava had been increasing her ice control very well but she was lacking in moveset. She hadn't developed an aura yet and that was annoying for her since riolu already had one. Of course I didn't tell her that riolu only had one cause he was the aura pokemon. I am not talking about my aura or the aura form the aura guardians, I am talking about the pressure exerted by people of great caliber.

Gyarados had a destructive aura, that was similar to a typhoon. Controlled extraction and chaos. Each move perfected for maximum impact.

Charizard had a burning aura, similar to a forest fire but concentrated. Controlled heat and flames. Each and every action is burning with passion or energy.

Garchomp had an draconic aura, similar to the dragon of ye'old. Controlled sharp movements. Everything is for maximum carnage, and nothing but carnage.

Ari had a graceful aura, similar to a powerful but beautiful dove. Controlled grace and power. Each and every action optimized for least energy and most grace.

Pikachu had a lightning aura, similar to a thunder storm. Controlled power and speed. Everything is like a quick bolt of lightning, quick efficient and destructive.

Riolu had a bland aura that was starting to show signs of an development.

It is like an instinct to stay away from these monsters. Only master of elements can have aura with a few exceptions. The only people to have a full team of pokemon with their own pressure are the champions of each region, a few of the elite four(not all), a few researchers, oak, blue and the strongest one of them all, RED and Me.