Chapter 18

The next day

Magikarps evolution had been pending for a while now. I was thinking about where to evolve it. I know I should participate in the battle center on the S.S.Anne. I knew that the ship sank in the anime because of Jessie and James. I don't know if Giovanni will send other team rocket members to the S.S.Anne. The ship contains a lot of pokemon to be stolen and I had already been registered on the passenger list, so he might come after me.

Anyways it is a vacation cruise which goes around the world. It's gonna make a stop at many small cities. One of the small cities is a town before celadon. After that it sails away to johto and onward. I can enjoy a vacation for about a week, after which charmeleon can destroy erika and I will be back on track. Mom was starting to stop worrying about me.

I guess taking down 11 grunts and 4 gym leaders in two months is enough for her to not worry as much as before. There is only one problem with my speed. The league is in 1 year and 1 month.(game theory). At my current pace even if I went to every single location that ash visits, by walking. I would still have at the very least 6 months! The most time I will need to train my pokemon is 2 months.

I guess I should ask oak." Hello professor oak. I actually had to ask you a question."" What is it my boy? Your question have always been illuminating"" the league is in 1 year"" ok what's th...oh I would recommend going to another region"" what! You can do that?"" Yeah, the kanto, johto, hoenn and kalos leagues have allowed any trainer to participate in two circuits at one time."

So my options are johto,hoenn and kanto. Johto is out but I can't decide between the other two. Well I will do that on a later date, for now I found a solution.(please tell me which region to go in the comments])

Well enough stressing. I need a vacation. Even though I play and have fun with them, my pokemon deserve some pampering. Sometimes the best thing to do is to take a break. I always liked writing fanfics, so maybe I can write a book on the relationship between slow poke and shelder and introduce slow king to the world. Plus the evee books brought in a lot of money.

If you haven't noticed, pokemoning it up is not cheap. Even without a formal education, the costs of food, supplies, pokeballs, potions, medicines and clothes is huge. My mom was a single mom and never spent more money than necessary, I wanted her to splurge but she still refused, saying and I quote" this might be useful for your journey and future savings".

Enough contemplating, today I enter paradise.

4 days later

Oh I am in paradise. I had turned off the additional gravity. I sleep till 9AM, eat more food than necessary, swim and do whatever the hell I want. Hell every single game ever concocted was on this ship. Even gabite and charmeleon, the resident battle maniacs we're enjoying themselves, I only held basic training. Only Magikarp was training, even that was minimal. I had finished the manuscript for my book. It wasn't very long but it was filled to the brim with scientific terms.

The Book company was responsible for translating science into English. Basically it made the books simple enough for the general public. My 100 page manuscript will probably be a 500 page book, meh. They said that I will be in stores in 5 months. Anyway the battle center was the only major letdown. The trainers their were crap. They only had a few badges and that to from the easy ones.

The gym leaders difficulty was unofficial but important. It went

8. Shitty sister
7. Brock( before I came along)
6. Erika
5. Blane
4. Surge
3. Sabrina
2. Loha
1. Giovanni

Since I had beaten Sabrina, and the second below me had barely beaten Erika, it was disappointing. Any way enough of that today the captain had called me

" Mr. Ketchum, I have a selfish request of you."" What is it?"" Well we are gonna pass a horde of gyarados, the reports said that they were all hibernating. But the scouts have reported  that the horde is awake."" So you want me to protect the ship incase of attack?"" Yes"" why me?"" Sir you were recommended by lt.Surge and gym leader Sabrina."

"Sure why not" It was a great opportunity for Magikarp to evolve. I had gotten a lot of weird looks. I mean would you also not be suspicious of a very chiseled 12 year old( actually 10) with no adult supervision on a luxury cruise? I also had to employ my infinite jump to survive the women who wanted to pinch my very cute cheeks.

Btw: inifte jump is lowering gravity to 0.5 and creating aura platforms under my feet to use as a foothold.

I may or may not have gotten into a fight with a machamp and beat the shit out of it for calling me a weak twerp. I also may have been recognized as the boy who beat 11 grunts and ate barbecue on top of the piles of their bodies. Ok ok its my fault for the attention I received but meh.

I was on the deck when I immediately stopped and called out all of my pokemon." Gyarados swarm, save the civilians. Pikachu, gabite and Magikarp on the offense. Now!". Charmeleon evacuated the others while ari went to alert the captain and provide visual on the the targets. A group of ten gyarados burst out of the water. The leader had a scar inning down from the face.

Pikachu used thunder on the leader, while gabite used dragon breath. Magikarp went behind the gyarados and used body slam on the leader to distract it. The fact that The leader went down within the first 10 seconds was a bad sign for the group but they still carried on. They started charging up an hyper beam. Ari came down from the sky in an very impressive brave bird and took out another gyarados.

Seeing it's own teammates working so hard and winning while it was just acting as a distraction caused Magikarp to evolve. The golden Magikarp turned into a monstrous blood red 9 meter long monstrosity. The other gyarados were 6.5 meters. Mine was more than 1.5X times their size,

The evolution made the evacuating spectators gawk." Hydro pump and hyper beam" my voice reached the ears of the newly evolved gyarados and it obeyed my commands and obliterated the remains gyarados. The entire team congratulated gyarados on its evolution." Hey gyarados have you ever wanted a nick name" it roared, which was a yes to me" how about riptide or tempest or zabuza or bahamut or leviathan or ragnarock or Poseidon or ourborus or wyvern"( please tell me which one of these names should gyarados have).