Chapter 29

The battlefield

Blaine walked me over to the battlefield suspended over a volcano. It was pretty unique but who am I to judge. The amount of heat negates most water types and a few other types, the fact that falling off the battlefield is a serious threat and the fact that fire types are enhanced here shows that Blaine doesn't play fair.

"4 on 4."" Fine with me, old man". While his face didn't change a bit the twitching of his eyebrows gave me all the signs I needed." Go rapidash" hmm not bad, not bad at all. Very nicely trained, taken care of and well fed." Go ari""pidgeot! Pi"

Rapidash's flames flared up and The atmosphere started heating up. Ari was completely unaffected by the heat as I had them withstand much higher temperatures in training." Wing attack and agility"" tank it and body slam." Ari's wing started glowing and she immediately flew towards rapidash and hit it with the wing. Rapidash had minor scratches but nothing else.

It jumped into the air and came down on ari with a grey amount of force."dodge and brave bird" and dodge it did, ari managed to scrape by the body slam before flying into the air and coming down like a missile and hitting the rapidash to oblivion. When the dust settled ari was standing without a scratch but a bit tired and rapidash was down for the count.

"Nine tails use inferno". A great inferno of fire swept towards ari, increasing in heat along the way." Cut through it with steel wing" ari aimediatly hardened herself and flew into the tsunami of fire and came out the other side before hitting nine tails off the platform and into the side of the volcano.

"Not bad Blaine, you are very experienced"" thanks kid but I didn't just sit around and gain experience. I battled. Go arcanine use flamethrower"" ari steel wing and brave bird". Ari dodged the flamethrower by flying out of the top of the volcano and coming down like a bullet. It hit arcanine with the force of a truck. Arcanine stood true to its power and after a few moments, it got up again.

"Arcanine extremespeed"" ari Use steel wing as a defense". Aris feathers turned into iron and ari retreated into her wings like a cloyster. Arcanine tried but the wings kept up with the assault leveled onto it. For one moment arcanine guard went down and in that moment ari hit the arcanine with a giga impact and threw arcanine out.

"Not bad ari but that's enough for today. Go gabite." Gabite had reached its peak in this state and learned all the moves it could." Well kid, you mangee to make me bring out my ace. Go magmortar." A magmortar jumped out from the lava and into the field. Gabite looked the magmorotar dead in the eye with one thing. The intent to destroy.

I had taught my pokemon how to express emotions through their energy and this was a prime example.It was a bit unnerving to see a Gyarados sue the intention to love something. Though Levi using the pure intention to destroy and terminate was also pretty unnerving. Well whatever, back to the fight.

"Magmortar use fire spin and fire bust." Trap and attack huh." Gabite dragon rush and Dragon dance whenever you can". Magmortar threw a tiny flame which expanded into a circle of fire around Gabite after which magmortar charged up an attack in its mouth. At the same time Gabite had finished 3 dragon dances.

Magmortar released the burst of flew in front of it. The moment it was released a claw cut through the fire and onto Magmortar. The claw was followed by an entire body slamming into Magmortar. It was forced to slide a food few meters back, enraged Magmortar burned the ground and everything near it with lava plume.

"Keep on dragon dancing and use close combat". The heat given off by lava plume was dismissed by Gabite as Charmander's flames was on the same level. It took 3 dragon dances more to reach the limit of its current body after which Gabite charged towards Magmortar with a dragon rush and hit it with a dragon claw.

Magmortar took the beating pretty well and stood up before using overheat. The heat damaged Gabite but Gabite pressed on and used take down on Magmortar followed by a close combat.

After nearly a minute of fighting, Magmortar had fallen and Gabite was victorious. Gabite was bathed in a white light and changed its shape. Gabite had evolved into a garchomp. A nearly 2.3 meter tall garchomp with an very intimidating stature." GARCHOMP!" I believe that was a cry of victory.

"That was a good match. You deserve this badge more than most trainers." He gave me the badge. I stayed only for a day before flying back to viridian. Tommorow I am gonna beat Giovanni.