Chapter 44

3 days later

Today is the day I finally leave the brat behind. I admit that she grew on me a lot with her determination and willingness to train, but I had slowed my walking pace considerably just for her to keep up with me so I knew that this unlikely partnership wouldn't last but it's boring to walk alone all day.

Ava had been coming alone well, her ice training has been going much better and beldum was much much stronger than before but he was more focused on its steel type and physical attacks over psychic. Of course I made him train his psychic powers to the max as it is a major advantage it has over many many others.

Ari had finally broken through and managed to reach Mach 2. Charizard and garchomp still sparred everyday but they have even more caution now when they fight.

After amora left, we picked up our pace and reached Watson in 2 days, totaling 10 days since I battled brawly. I am behind schedule and I don't know what weird tasks oak will throw onto me in the middle of my journey, so I sped up a bit more and I am challenging Watson with beldum. Riolu will be back up cause even though beldum is extremely strong, Watson fights with 4 pokemon.  Magnetite, electrode , manetric and magneton.

I walked into the gym which was basically favorited heavily towards wattson. The copious is amount of electricity coursing through the battlefields is a major boost to any electric moves and is basically like an electric field. This man is extremely biased, but I hope his personality is not negative.

"Hello, young man. Welcome to my gym. I am Watson but you already know that so let's not waste anytime and go to the battlefield."

We were walking towards the field when he started talking again.

"You are very quite. Is it because cat got your tongue?" Is he trying to tease me? Ohhhh you don't to that with me. I don't give a fuck what you say to others but you don't try and tease me old man.

"No I just have no need to use it for meaningless chatter, you do seem the gossiping house wife type, so I will let this slide."

"Haaahah young man nobody has ever been able to respond to me, let alone actually match me in a battle of words. Let us battle in the field and see if you are as strong there in the Field as you are with words."

"Go magnetite"

"Go beldum, psychic and tackle."

"Magnetite use discharge,"

Beldum was covered in a blue aura before magnetite was covered into a similar aura and slammed into the ground. Even after being slammed like a dunk, magnetite gave out a massive wave of electricity. BeLdum wasn't effected by the wave and it powered straight through it and into the magnetite. Magnetite was flung straight to the edge of the platform and nearly fell off.

" use tackle magn-"

Before Watson could even finish giving orders, magnetite was thrown off by a beldum using tackle.

"I guess I took you a bit too lightly. That won't happen again, go electrode"

"Beldum, range attacks."

"Tch" That is the sound of a annoyed Watson, cause I know that electrode is a suicide bomber.

Beldum launched a long barrage of psychics and rock throws. Electrode wasn't experienced enough to dodge all the projectiles and was hit by them.

In that moment beldum rushed straight into elctrode's .. Face, guts? Body and pushed electrode around a few meters before electrode looked triumphedly  Looked at beldum and exploded.

"Psychic".

The exact moment electrode exploded, a barrier surrounded explode appeared and contained the entire explosion. The spherical barrier traveled straight to Watson and exploded. The explosion was very much weakened and the only thing it did to Watson was to cover in him soot.

Watson's eyebrow started twitching extremely hard." Go manectric"

"Playing mister stoic? Well then beldum is better than you at it. Take down, the crown is untrained."

Beldum s eyes grew for a second before it flew straight into the air and came down on the released manectric straight onto its crown.

"The crown is untrained, the rest of the body is completely trained but you never trained its defenses enough for it to actually hold up a against me."

The manectric weakly got back onto its shaking feat foe a moment before falling back onto the ground, fainted.

"Beldum is extremely heavy, a take down on a weak spot is more than enough to defeat your manectric."

Beldum is extremely tired and I don't know if I should bring him back. I mean he did take on 3 pokemon but I have a tradition of sweeping gyms so.

"Beldum wanna fight? Or wanna rest?"

He looked straight at me before looking back at the battlefield and staying there. I got the message.

"You gonna bring out your ace?"

"You're annoyingly good. Go magneton"

"Beldum psychic and take down. Rock throw from distances,"

"Magneton use thunder and agility."

Beldum was covered in a blue aura just before magneton was thrown around the field, magneton somehow magneton to concentrate enough to launch a thunder. Now normally thunder is a low accuracy but the electric field makes it much much more likely to hit along with much much stronger,

" rock throw, metal claw.."

Immediately, a bunch of rocks floated into the air before being launched at the incoming bolt of lightning. The rocks significantly did diminished the power of the bolt. Before it could reach beldum, beldum reached the bolt itself and went straight through it and appeared in front of magneton.

A claw made of metal appeared from both sides of beldum before impacting magneton at the same time. Magneton was thrown back but it managed to stay on the platform using its magnets as claws to dig into he field. The magneton got up and ready to use another thunder before it was covered in an pyschic aura and thrown off.

On the field there was a nearly fainted beldum and on the ground there was an beaten up magneton.

I walked up to beldum and took his surprisingly heavy body into my hands and said" you did great buddy. I guess you have my blessings to be with a ava." I could sense a pulse of happiness and embarrassment before it fainted, to this day I don't know whether of the battle or the embarrassment. Aww man it is so cute,

Who knew a 10 kilo solid ball of metal with pyschic powers could be so huggable.

"I admit my defeat. Here take this badge. Thanks for the fight." He looked a bit but hurt but he was sensible enough to not allow his emotions to affect business.