Chapter 1

[chapter edited on 4/13/21]

ahh i'm back with another story~ on my break from this account, i've been writing fan fiction on AO3. writing characters that already exist is a lot easier for me so I'm using the same characters i wrote in PET for this, please understand. if that is a problem for you, i advise not reading it~   

PET and this story have nothing to do with each other, i just wanted to use the same characters because they mean a lot to me. PET was by far my favorite story to write and i really love those characters.

there are similarities in the characters of course, their personalities are just a little different.

morgan and caesar are both doms in this while harrison is the sub and a puppy hybrid. just saying it again, PET and this story have nothing to do with each other~ enjoy <3

QOTD: What are your favorite genres to read?

Growing up, it wasn't uncommon for strangers to come up and gently coo at me

Growing up, it wasn't uncommon for strangers to come up and gently coo at me. They'd compliment my ears or tail and tell me how cute I was. At 20 years old, this still hasn't changed. No matter how many times it happened, I'd still mumble a soft 'thank you' and let them pet me.

People were always fascinated when they saw that I was a puppy hybrid. We weren't that uncommon but there weren't too many of us where I lived, so I could understand their curiosity. Sometimes.

The attention was nice most times. I'd lean into their soft touches and let them coo whatever they wanted while they pet behind my ears. Being a hybrid wasn't all ideal though. Our tails easily gave away our emotions, and many humans didn't think of us as normal people.

Just yesterday, I had some older man talk to me like I had the brain capacity of a four year old. I'm sure he meant well, but it was still insulting. I've even had people doubt me when I told them I was in my second year of university. What did they think we did all day?

After feeling a little sulky, I easily perked when I saw a text from my older brother, Declan. 'do you think you could do your best older brother the biggest favor in the world~ i forgot my lunch and have a meeting soon :('.

My lips twitched into a small smile, mentally picturing the dramatic distraught surely on his face. Idiot. I sent him a text back and quickly pulled on appropriate clothes to walk down to our shared university.

Behind me, my tail wagged happily with his lunch in hand. Declan firmly refused to let me stay in the campus dorms when I first brought up moving out. I figured he'd say this since he was so protective over me, so I wasn't too upset by the limited freedom.

It was cheaper living with him and his girlfriend anyways. A greedy freeloader through and through.

It was Friday, which meant Declan had film studies, which meant Caesar had film studies. And if Caesar was there, Morgan wouldn't be too far.