Chapter 6

[edited : 4/14/21]

QOTD: Whats your star sign? I'm a gemini~

"You're sulking~"

Caesar's frown deepened even more when he glanced at me. "No I'm not."

"You're so sulking." I leaned my head against my palm and smirked. "It's only been a day since you saw him."

He made a thoughtful noise and propped his elbow on our shared desk to mimic my position. "Declan says we can't see him for another day."

"Declan can kiss my ass." I waved off. "Lets just go see him."

"Do you want me to die? Declan would kill us."

"We're his boyfriends. We should be able to see him during his heat."

"Try telling him that." The mere thought of talking to Declan about Harrison in his heat was more than unsettling. Friendship or not, he would surely put his well made muscle to use.

"We should call him then."

Caesar mindlessly tapped his pen against his textbook. "Right now?"

"After class, obviously." The punch he gave me was deserved but I still whined in protest. "You're so mean~ I'm supposed to be your boyfriend."

He ignored me and surprisingly started to actually look over the project we were supposed to be working on. "Do you just wanna work on it with us or someone else too? We can have up to three people."

I leaned closer to eye the paper and he shifted it closer for me. "It might be a lot for just us. We could ask-"

"Are you looking for another partner?!"

I flinched from the sudden loud voice behind us and titled my head back. "Don't yell so loud."

Some guy stood there, smiling sheepishly as he rubbed his neck. "Um, I heard you guys talking. Do you need another partner? I don't really know anyone in this class..."

I glanced over at Caesar but he was looking at the random guy, eyes dull. He didn't say anything so I awkwardly looked back to the guy. "Ah, sure." His eyes lit up at my nod and he quickly took the seat behind us.

"Should we exchange numbers? It'll be easier to work out our schedules that way." He was already holding out his phone eagerly so I hesitantly took it and placed my number in, before handing it to Caesar.

He's acting weird. I nudged Caesar's foot and raised a silent eyebrow. You okay?

He waved me off and handed the phone back to the guy. "I'm Max." He smiled after putting his number in our phones. "You guys are seniors as well, right?"

"Yeah." Caesar answered before I could. "We'll text you the details and when we can meet up, yeah?" He stood up and started gathering his things.

Max looked just as surprised as me, but I quickly started gathering my things as well. Caesar grabbed my arm after throwing a careless wave at him, and pulled me out of the class with him. "What's up with you? You're acting weird."