Chapter 49

uhh i already said this but that chapter with chet and his heat didn't happen alright 🧑🏽‍🦯 it doesn't go with the storyline so just ignore

There's too many people.

It wasn't necessary at all, considering there was an empty seat next to me, but I was squished next to Chet. I don't know her- the girl that sat one seat away. She was one of Morgan's friends, the same one I'd seen in the video.

Chet's scent was comforting, masking everyone else's since we were so close. "Can you guys sit on the seats?" Declan looked back for a split second, not being able to for long since he was driving. "What if we get pulled over?"

"Do you see any fucking seats?" Hudson asked, sitting on the RV floor with three other people.

Mia didn't hesitate to drop down in the seat next to me, taking some guy's seat that had gone to get a water bottle from the front of the RV. Thank god, I felt like crying in relief. It was so awkward sitting next to him.

"Just don't get pulled over." Lauren said like it was obvious.

"Stop shaking the car and we won't."

"There's, like, fifteen other people here? I can't shake it myself."

My ears perked when the guy came back and looked at Mia sitting in his seat. He didn't seem to mind much, choosing to plop down next to Hudson and Lauren on the floor.

Morgan was sitting on the other side of the RV, rolling his eyes at something some girl said. "I told you to stop saying that shit. It's annoying."

"What? Why?"

He thumped her on the head, making her flinch back. "I can be your best friend or whatever without you adding 'gay' in front of it. That's like me saying 'straight best friend'."

"Sorry, sorry. Won't happen again." She apologized.

Audrey, who had been sitting between Chet's spread legs on the floor, suddenly stood up and sat down in Mia's lap. "It smells."

"Me?!" Chet asked in shocked, a little loud, considering the amount of people that looked over.

"No-" Audrey's ears lowered from the sudden attention, "there's just a lot of different scents."

"Oh." He calmed down and nodded in agreement. "I wish my friend could come but they had work." He frowned.

Mia reached over and started slapping at his arm. "Friend, huh? We can smell her all over you."

Chet's ears perked, seeming to like this. "Really?"

"Yeah," I nodded, having noticed the unfamiliar scent that lingered on him right away, "what'd you do? Have sex with them?" I was only joking but when he went red, my lips parted in surprise. "Did you?"