Chapter 23

um 👁👁 ig i didn't make it clear enough, but chapter 21 was talking a lot about declan finding out about morgan and harrison. the chapter started off with caesar texting morgan that declan found out, bc he saw them getting a little frisky, and then morgan avoided him the whole chapter bc of it. morgan also explained to oliver in chapter 21 that he was avoiding declan bc declan found out he was dating harrison.

idk if ppl skipped over that chapter or i didn't go into enough detail but a lot of ppl seemed confused in chapter 22 that declan knew they were dating, so i'm sorry if there wasn't enough detail. it can be hard sometimes writing in first person pov because i can't address all the characters feelings at once, i have to wait until i do their pov.

i tried connecting chapter 21 and 22 kind of. caesar texted morgan in chapter 21, 'declan said he saw you and harrison getting a little friendly, if you know what i mean'. then in chapter 22, declan tells harrison 'you shouldn't be making out with your supposed boyfriend at school'. Reading it now, i see it needed more content

i thought i put enough context in the entire chapter overall, but i probably think that since i already know what the characters are thinking and you guys don't. pls lmk if it ever gets too confusing, there were a lot of comments last chapter that said 'what's happening' or 'did i miss something' and i never want to see those and have people feel lost or think i rushed the story so i'm really sorry about that and i'll try and rewrite some of that chapter.

i also don't write every scene that goes on in their lives, just so the story can progress more and just because it doesn't fit sometimes. there are time skips between some chapters but never more than a few days unless stated.

 there are time skips between some chapters but never more than a few days unless stated

"He's not waking up."

"Should we get the spray bottle?"

"No, that's mean." I swatted at Caesar's arm when he went to get up. He mumbled a small 'fine' and leaned over Morgan's unmoving body.

"Morgan." He lightly jostled his body but there was no movement. "He's always like this. He gets up just fine on his own but if someone tries and wakes him up, he's dead to the world."

I poked his leg repeatedly, not brave enough to jostle his body like Caesar. I felt a little bad even waking him up, he looked oddly peaceful with his face stuffed into the pillow.

We both froze when Morgan groaned and slowly turned his head. His hair was covering his face but I could make out his eyes opening, hooded and heavy with sleep. "What?" He mumbled tiredly, barely audible in the silent room.

Caesar carded a hand through Morgan's hair and brushed it away from his face. "We made dinner."

Morgan dragged his eyes over to me before slowly sitting up. He stared at nothing for far too long while Caesar lightly scratched at his scalp.

He reminded me of a cat when he leaned over and sprawled across my lap. His eyes slipped back closed as he pressed his face into my stomach. "I'm tired." It was muffled and slurred but I still patted his head in understanding.