Chapter 51

My head hurts

My head hurts.

"Are you awake?"

I found myself blinking down at Harrison blearily. He was laying against my chest with his head tilted up to stare at me. "Mhm." I went to feel around for my phone but quickly stopped when I grabbed Caesar.

He groaned softly but didn't wake up.

Harrison looked wide awake though. With his headphones plugged in and some anime playing on his phone, he was keeping himself entertained while waiting for us to wake up. "What time is it?" I whispered, voice gruff and heavy with sleep.

"Five thirty."

"Five-" My eyes snapped down at him. "Why the fuck are you awake?"

"I'm squished."

It wasn't necessarily him being squished, it was more of there being no room for him in the first place. I don't remember half the shit that happened last night, not after Hudson made me one of his special drinks, but I knew it took us almost an hour to figure out how we were sleeping.

It was a given that we were going to share a room but after seeing the twin sized bed, I was having second thoughts. I didn't really care about where I slept but Harrison was adamant on all of us sharing a room, not even letting one of us sleep on the floor.

It started off with Harrison trying to sleep on top of Caesar since he was a deep sleeper and wouldn't wake up from his movements, but after Caesar rolled over and almost killed him, he switched to my lap.

I wasn't much better. I usually slept on my stomach so I wasn't used to laying on my back like this. After noticing that I wasn't even close to falling asleep, Harrison had me lay on top of him instead. He hugged me to him while Caesar slept like a log next to us.

That's how we fell asleep so I wasn't sure how we woke up like this.

"Are you still sad?"

"Hm?" I reached out and held his head, wanting to play with his hair. It was a mess, sticking up from sleep and in desperate need of a brush. Cute. "Why would I be?"

His ears twitched under my touch but he seemed to enjoy the pets so I didn't stop. "'Cause of your bracelet. You're not upset, right?"

"What're you talking about?"

He blinked at me. "..You don't remember? You cried because-"

My mind went blank. "I, what?"

"..Cried."

"I cried?" At his nod, "Me? I cried?"

"Yeah- because some girl broke the bracelet that Caesar made for you. But it's okay! Caesar's gonna fix it because I found all the pieces."

"I cried over some bracelet?" Time to pass away. It's been a nice run but this is it for me. At least they'll have each other to lean on while they grieve-