Chapter 2

[edited on 4/13/21]

QOTD: Do you have or want any pets?

Declan's filming class just finished a big project for the semester, exceeding the expectations of his professor and scoring an almost perfect grade, and because of this, he didn't hesitate to offer up our house to be trashed with a party of celeb...

Declan's filming class just finished a big project for the semester, exceeding the expectations of his professor and scoring an almost perfect grade, and because of this, he didn't hesitate to offer up our house to be trashed with a party of celebration.

'It's not a party, it's a small get together' is what he said after I immediately declined wanting to participate. He didn't seem too bothered, probably not wanting me to be involved with the alcohol that was surely going to be there.

Last time I'd left my room, I saw at least seven packs of it on the kitchen counter.

I helped him and his girlfriend, Pricilla, clean up the house before locking myself in my room. Caesar and Morgan, along with another one of their classmates I wasn't familiar with, came early with more alcohol in hand.

It truly did seem to just be a small get together, judging from the way only a handful more of people trickled in later into the night. Declan came by again at some point and offered me a few slices of pizza, that I greedily took, having smelled it throughout the night.

Surprisingly, Caesar hovered behind him and stayed even after my brother left. The door clicked shut up and my ears twitched as we were left alone. "Do you plan to stay in here all night?" He asked with a hint of amusement tickling his tone.

I turned in my desk chair, and stared down at the sketch I was currently working on just to avoid the intensity of his stare. "M'not really a party person. Besides~ Aren't you guys celebrating your project?"

Putting his hand on my chair, he leaned down and took a good look at the sketch over my shoulder. "I'm pretty sure they just wanted an excuse to get wasted." His laugh was soft and gentle in the way it tickled my ears. "This is really good. It's a clock tower, right?"

"Oh, uh," I tapped at the drawing, only to shield it from his eyes, "yeah, but it's not done yet. I'm just brainstorming right now."

He smiled and patted my shoulder. "You're doing good so far. It looks sick." He stood back to his full height and I only just registered that he had a paper bag in his hand. "This is for you."

I perked. "Me?"

After taking a seat on the bed, he laughed and handed it to me. "Do you see anyone else? It's not a treat if that's what you were hoping for~" He teased when I peered inside. "Morgan and I were at the store the other day and saw these. I figured it couldn't hurt for you to have."

I let out a soft noise of understanding and pulled out a small whistle hanging on a chain. "Oh." I blinked at the whistle and gave him a small smile. "Thank you."

He raised an eyebrow, lips twitching up. "You look confused."

"Ahh," I scratched my cheek sheepishly, "is it to call me with?"