Chapter 8

[edited: 4/14/21]

thank you for all the good wishes for my family <3

QOTD: do you have any unpopular opinions?

I couldn't get it out of my head, it lingered and played on repeat until I could recall the fresh memory perfectly

I couldn't get it out of my head, it lingered and played on repeat until I could recall the fresh memory perfectly. Their touch still lingered on me the next day, clinging almost as long as their scent did.

I reeled back in surprise when there was suddenly a hand waving in my face. "Harrison?" Chet, a classmate of mine, raised an eyebrow and nudged me. I almost wanted to whine. A nudge for him was basically a push. I hate tall people. "You've been spacing all class, what's up?"

"Huh? Have I?" I sniffed and gave a firm nod, trying to come off casual. "I'm fine."

He snorted before ruffling my hair. "Sure, whatever. Just make sure not to space out during the events."

My cheeks puffed out, remembering the sports event the art department was required to attend. We were surely going to lose by an embarrassing large gap like every other year.

Audrey clasped a hand on Chets shoulder with a serious look. "Thank you for your sacrifice."

He looked confused as his pointy, blond ears twitched. "Huh? Sacrifice?"

"Look at us." She blinked. "Four hybrids, and not a single human with any muscle-"

There were some protests from the humans. "We have some muscle."

Audrey promptly ignored them. "-Anyways. You're in every event so thank you." She smiled and squeezed his shoulder again.

Chet didn't seem fazed at all as his tail started to wag. "Every event, really? You guys don't mind?"

"Nope, we'll leave it to you Mr. Monster."

He gave her a salute and stood to his full 6'5 height. "I won't let you down."

Audrey dropped down in his seat when he scurried off to the changing rooms and laughed. "He's the kind of stupid where it's endearing, y'know?"

I held back my laugh, just to be nice, but nodded. "Yeah."

"He's right though." She eyed me. "You've been spacing out and you reek of your boyfriends."

I flushed and waved my hand around. "It's nothing."

"Nothing?" She poked a bite mark on my neck. "Jesus, what did you do?"

Slapping my hand to my neck, I leaned away from her. "Grown up things, Audrey. You wouldn't understand."

"I have a girlfriend."

I waved her off and dropped my head in my palm as my mind flashed back to yesterday again.