Chapter 34

the pov switches from harrison to morgan

warning: there are lots of uses of slurs in this chapter

QOTD: what year were you born?

"What time is it?"

I felt around for my phone while sitting on the bathroom counter. "6:30."

"Ah, shit." Morgan quietly cursed while shoving his legs into a pair of slacks. "Oh well, here's another reason not to like me." I'm sure I wasn't meant to hear it, considering how softly he mumbled it.

"Nervous?"

He quickly worked on the buttons to his black button up shirt before picking up a brush. "Nah, I've met him before."

I watched him pull his hair into a tight, low ponytail after applying some gel to his hands. "I thought you didn't like using gel?"

"Gotta look fancy~ His family's rich."

I felt bad but I'm so happy I didn't have to go. Caesar offered and I used any means possible not to go. Considering his dad was homophobic, I doubt he wanted to introduce another boyfriend anyway.

"You're only going to dinner, right? And then you'll come home?"

"Mhm." He confirmed while taking his rings off from earlier. I watched him take them off before taking his earrings out. "Caesar might go somewhere with him after, I'm not sure."

As if sensing us talking about him, Morgan's phone lit up with a text from him. "Can you check that?" He asked while looping his belt through the corresponding holes.

I picked it up and blinked at his name, baby daddy.

"He wants to know if you're on the way."

He let out another curse and looked around for the dress shoes he set out before he had to rush to class. "Tell him yeah, my password's 0541." He slipped the shoes on and grabbed his cologne.

After he deemed himself ready, Morgan presented himself to me. "How do I look?"

I nodded in approval. "Very handsome."

He let out a small puff amusement while staring at himself in mirror. "Handsome, huh?"

"Hm?" My head cocked, unsure of what he meant.

"You usually call me pretty." He reached beside me and grabbed his phone to slide into his pocket.

"You're pretty too." I grabbed his shirt, careful not to wrinkle it, and guided him forward. "You're always both."

"Yeah?" He grabbed my chin and tilted my head up to press a kiss to my lips. It was soft and chaste, seeing as he already running late.

When he leaned in for another, I pushed my hands against his chest. "You're gonna be late~"