Chapter 5

[edited on 4/13/21]

QOTD: What makes you cringe? Thinking about ppl running makes me cringe and idk why wisuebdh

"Harrison," one of my classmates and fellow hybrid, Audrey, nudged my shoulder and gestured to the door, "your brothers friend is waiting outside

"Harrison," one of my classmates and fellow hybrid, Audrey, nudged my shoulder and gestured to the door, "your brothers friend is waiting outside."

My ears perked up as I looked through the glass window. Caesar was leaning against the wall while waiting for me, mindlessly scrolling through his phone. "Ah~ That's my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? Since when?"

I held up two fingers proudly. "Two days ago."

She looked oddly impressed as she nodded deeply. "Good job. He's totally out of your league and he's older."

I bristled and gazed at her in offense. "How is he out of my league?"

"Look at him." She deadpanned, and yeah, that's fair. "Wait- isn't he dating someone?"

"Me!"

She flicked my forehead, causing me to rub the spot with a whine. "He's dating some blond guy, right? Looks like he goes to the gym a lot, long hair, really friendly."

"That's Morgan."

She made a thoughtful noise. "You're dating them both?" And at my nod, she looked even more impressed. She patted my shoulder as she stood up and swung her bag to her shoulder. "Nice."

After making our way to the door and waving goodbye, I slowly shuffled over to Caesar. The smile I got when he looked up and saw me made my insides feel like mush.

Though it's only been a few days, it felt like there was already a large shift in our relationship. Along with the extra texts and calls, I noticed they were being touchier than before. We even kissed now.

Just thinking about it made my body warm with a child's giddiness. I forgot how nice being someone's partner was. It was never more than a peck but I was too shy to initiate it and deepen it myself.

They started calling me pet names too, which never failed to make me flush. "Hey." Caesar greeted after throwing an arm over my shoulder. He easily towered over me as I glanced at him. "How was your class?" And when I told him it was good, he ruffled my hair while guiding us off campus. "Yeah? You still wanna come over?"

I chewed on my lip sadly. "I have some homework I need to do."

"You can work on it at our place if you want. You have your laptop, don't you?"

My ears perked. "Can I?"

"Of course."

"Then, yes please~"

He grinned, seeming just as pleased with the sudden arrangement, and pulled me closer when we needed to share the sidewalk. The walk to his apartment didn't take much longer. He led us to the elevator before finally unlocking the door to let us in. The sight that welcomed us had me blinking in surprise.