Chapter 36

there's a long ass authors note at the bottom idk how it happened sorry. i'll try and update again bc this chapter looks long but it's not lol

um i think i worded it wrong last chapter, i already went back and fixed it but some ppl read the first version before i did. when i put nobody will ever love you more than your mom, i meant it like, you can do anything and your mom will still love you. not like, nobody will love you like me so don't bother trying lmao

QOTD: when's your favorite time of the year?

I wasn't eavesdropping.

I just so happened to be sitting in the perfect position that gave me a good view of them talking. It's not like I left the door open, that was their choice.

I twirled around in the spinning chair as I sat at the desk and pretended to study. It would be weird if I just sat on the floor and stared at them. This way, I could just turn around if they decided to look over here.

Caesar had gotten home from his dads hotel a little while ago and immediately went inside the bathroom to shower. Morgan had watched him walk by silently from his place on the couch.

"Um," I stood up, "I need to brush my teeth."

Morgan nodded before I padded into our room and over to the bathroom. Peeking my head inside, I noticed the mirror was already starting to fog from how hot the water was.

"Caesar?" Judging from the lack of response I got, he didn't hear me. I forced my legs to move inside, feeling nervous from just the thought of talking to him. "Caesar?" I tapped on the glass shower and he jerked, unaware that I was there. "Ah, sorry."

He cracked the glass door open and I had to force myself to look anywhere but him. Ah, of course he's naked, he's in the shower. "What's up?"

"Um," I could feel the heat coming off his body, "you're back?" Maybe this wasn't a good idea. "No, um, I mean- you met with your dad?"

I internally sobbed, that's not what I meant either.

"Yeah, we talked." He grabbed his conditioner and applied some to his hands. "You don't have to meet with him, I'm sorry if I made you feel like you had to."

"Huh?" I jolted. "No, no it's okay. I'm okay with it!" I nodded quickly, not liking how tired he looked. "I would love to!"

Please don't make me, I mentally sobbed.

"It's okay." He assured, looking a little fond from my outburst. "I shouldn't have made Morgan either. My dad's going back to Korea today anyways."