Roomates and Searching

Elliot's POV

"Mikey, hurry up!" I'm banging on the bathroom door, trying to speed up my best friend so I can use to bathroom. I woke up with a full bladder and if this bastard doesn't get out in two seconds, I'm peeing in his bed. Just as I go to hammer on the door once more, it's thrown open to reveal a red faced Michael that I shove out the way.

"Asshole!" He says as I close the door in his face. I pull my pants down to circle my thighs and breath a sigh of relief as I empty my bladder into the toilet. Once I'm done, I flush the toilet and wash my hands in the sink. I look at my reflection, chuckling to myself at the bed head before I dry my hands and open the bathroom door.

I make my way down the hallway, entering the kitchen where I find Mikey drinking some juice. "You know, most guys just masterbate in their room. I don't know why you have to hog the bathroom." I tell him as I lean against the counter and smirk.

"Oh fuck you." He says and I laugh as I grab myself a water bottle and turn away from the kitchen, going down the hallway back towards my room. I open the door softly and slip inside, making sure the light form the hallway doesn't disturb Courtney in bed. I close the door behind me and make my way over to the bed, removing my shirt as I pull up the covers and lay down beside my girlfriend.

As soon as I'm settled, her small body shifts to snuggle into me and I smile, before I frown. Courtney and I have been together since junior year of high school, graduating together, applying for college together and being together for four years.

As first I felt like I was living every person's dream but for some reason, these past two months everything has felt.... off.

Like when I used to fall asleep, I wouldn't be able to unless she was sleeping beside me, or her voice was in my ear from the phone, talking me to sleep. But now whenever we go to sleep together, I find myself getting irritated with how close she gets, how soft her body is against mine and it's freaking me out. After we finished college I had full expectations of proposing and getting married to Courtney and now... now I can't tell him I'm lying when I tell her I love her.

She begins to shift against me and ai lay in the bed and stare at the ceiling, until she rolls over and places her delicate chin on my chest. "What's wrong. I could hear you overthinking in my sleep." She says groggily and I look down at her with guilty eyes that I hope she can't see.

"It's nothing, just thinking about what new job I can get to help with Rent." I tell her and it's not a straight up lie, though it still churns my stomach to say it. My old job shut down last month and I've been trying my hardest to find a new job so that I could help pay my share of the rent. Mikey tells me that he has it covered, but I wouldn't feel comfortable living here without aiding him in some payments, no matter how wealthy he and his family is.

"Don't worry, babe. You'll find a good job." Courtney encourages me and it makes me feel bad all over again with how I've been seemingly falling out of love with her. The only thing I can think of is that with classes and work, we've been separated too much, so I've been asking her to spend the night.

"Yeah, I'm hoping so." I tell her before I change the subject, looking over at the time to see it's slam it's eight thirty. "You have to get up soon, Court. You have class at nine today." I tell her and she grumbles before hurrying herself more into the covers and my neck.

The feeling of having someone in my arms is nice, but I can't help the feeling that who it is, is wrong, and it makes me groan internally at the thought.

"Do I have to go today? Why can't we stay and bed. Maybe continue what we started last night?" She says and her fingers begin to trail down my naked chest making my brows and something else raise.