Calling and Time

Elliot's POV

      As soon as I turn away from Zay and begin walking back towards the building, the bravado melts from me and my balmy hands get wipes on my jeans.

      That was the most nerve racking conversation I've ever had, and I was sweating my balls off, but Zay for once didn't have his confidence. And so I had to step it. Seeing him so defeated instead of flirting and laughing with those crazy eyes was a scary moment and I hope it doesn't happen again.

      There's a bunch of shit going on in my head and not one thing making sense, so I push those thoughts aside until I get everything done that I need to and I can finally head home.

      After I throw the trash away, and give one last glance back at Zay, I open the door, I jump out of my skin when I see the security guard from earlier leaning against the wall with a..... bat in his hand. Where is came from or how he got it inside I don't even know. I go to walk past him but he swings the aluminum weapon up to block my path. I stop waking and look over to him, a bit wary.

        "Zay is like a little brother to me. And he's my Lock's favorite boyfriend. Now I'm not one for violence but this is what I won't do. I don't give a fuck what decision you make, but if you choose rejection, your knee caps will be my bitch." He tells me and says it's so nonchalantly that I'm almost confused about if it's a threat or not.

        "That rejection will make our lives go to normal." I argue, not understanding his fucking problem. He laughs to himself, though his face remains dead as he pushes himself off the wall and comes to stand right in front of me.

        "You're a human stuck in a Super's situation. So I'll break this down. If my kid out there rejects you, he will have unbearable pain for the rest of his life without the option of getting a Second Chance Soulmate. Something he didn't tell you. If you don't want him, fine, but if you want to go that route, live with the pain your damn self. I already have one too many friends going through this shit." Though his face is clear of emotion, his ares are an angry burning grey and his tone could kill.

       Without a word I nod and he takes a few steps back before raising his bat to me. "Smart boy. See you around Elliot." And I watch as he lazily walks away with his bat on his shoulder.

        Man that guy is scary.

        I think I like him.

        I shake my thoughts away as I go to the reception area to talk to Ms. Wendy. The words Ares told me are swirling around in my head and I wish I had more time to go out there and confront Zayvion about it but I don't.

      When I get up to the desk, Ms. Wendy looks up at me with a sad smile but oddly stern eyes as if she doesn't know what to feel at the moment. "What can I do for you, handsome?" She asks me. Well at least we're back on a nickname basis.

        "I'm putting in a call out for tomorrow. I'll be here the next day but I just need to take that ten to six shift off of the schedule." I tell her and she goes to type it in before she looks up probably waiting for my response. I'm not very good at lying so I give her my most deadpanned expression and hope that she catches up on it. "I'll be sick." I tell her and she looks at me a little bit before she finishes typing on the computer.

      "Okay. I'll see you Thursday then." She tells me and I nod and breath a sigh or relief that I don't have to go through all the shit and information I just found out while worrying about work as well.

       I wave goodbye to Ms. Wendy and walk out into the hallway, just in time to see Zay coking down as well.

       We barely glance as each other as we fall into step beside one another and the rest of the day goes like that: the two of us in our own little works as we think about the situation we found ourselves in.