Nerves and Questions

Zay's POV

I walk back over the my spot on the floor and turn my head to say something to Elliot, but when I turn to that direction, I see that he's already interacting with the customers around him, smiling and greeting them and trying his best to direct them in the right direction to where they wish to go.

I feel my lips twitch in pride and my heart swoon a little at the crooked smile his lips always seem to hold.

The three days that I've seen Elliot this week are breaking me down little by little and it hurts so fucking good. It's like having what you want right at your fingertips but as soon as you graze it with your hands, it's pulling out of reach once more. And it's an addicting game.

This is the first time in my life, when someone isn't tripping over themselves and others to get to me and serve me and my body any way they can.

And as much as it's weird and very discombobulating, I can't deny the small rush of excitement at the chase. I've been waiting for this man to enter my life for years and now that he's finally in reach, I won't let him go, even if it hurts a little but to watch him be so oblivious.

I turn my attention away from the man and back to the customers around me with a smile on my face, even if my mind is somewhere far away. Ten feet to the left to be exact.

"Good morning and welcome to the Rescue Aquatic Center, I hope you enjoy your visit!" I repeat the words every two minutes, sometimes making eye contact and others, just letting them walk past as I repeat the words to air. Most that come here have been here countless times before and only want to say floto old friends and welcome the new rescued that come in every other day.

Not that many people try to stop and ask me questions and I'm grateful for that, knowing that I'm in no shape to be overly useful.

Even though I claimed that I enjoy the chase and being around Elliot, even if he's not begging to touch my body, I'm still suffering. Since I'm a Hybrid I won't die if I don't get the sex I crave, but the lack of it in my life this week has drained me. I need constant cups of coffee and about twelve hours of sleep to feel remotely okay.

Though, if I really need it, I'm sure my father could send some Ambrosia down, being good friends with one of Hermes sons and all.

Everyone always wants to talk about God and the Angels, but it's those sexy ass Greeks that have all the good stuff.

I stifle a yawn as someone else walks my way, and I open my mouth to give my usual greeting as always, but this time, the person stops in front of me. When I look up and pay attention, it's a man around maybe nineteen that's standing there with a smirk in his face. When I sniff him, I can tell that he's Enchanted and I sigh to myself, knowing that while some of them are cool, most only know how to flirt the traditional way.

Disrespectfully and hands on.

"Good morning and welcome, what can I help you with?" I ask him, keeping my smile professional. If it was any other time, maybe I could go for a random rough fucking, but now, the only person that I want touching and controlling my body is oblivious to the fact of what he is to me.

"Why don't we go somewhere a little more private?" He asks me, leaning in to get closer to me and I lean back before taking a step away form the man, my skin crawling at the sexual tension being sent my way.

"I don't require your services. Enjoy your visit." I tell him with a sickly sweet smile and a stern voice, but the Enchanted asshole doesn't want to take the fucking hint. His hand comes up to touch my waist to pull me in and I feel bile rise in my throat at someone else touching me with sexual intentions. He smiles creepily at me as he tries to bring my body closer.