Waiting and Allies

Zay's POV

It's been three days since I kicked Elliot out of my apartment and I haven't heard from or seen him since.

When he came into my house after fucking that girl I needed him gone, but I can't help but miss him and it makes my head hurt, knowing that me and him will never work out while also knowing that that's the man that I'm supposed to spend my life with.

His stuff is still in my room and even though I want to give it back to him, I realize that I don't even know where he lives.

I thought that I would at least see him at work so I could give it all to him and maybe even try to figure out how we're going to go about our separate lives, but he hasn't been here at all. I sigh to myself as I get out of my car and walk towards the building.

The worst thing about getting into a relationship, or meeting someone new is trying to figure out how to go back to your normal after they leave and you're by yourself again. But I realize now that my normal was fucking random guys and flirting with everything that had a cock and two legs. Not something to really cheer me up.

Tyler tries to grab my attention as I walk towards the entrance, but I keep my head forward, not wanting the social interaction.

All I want to do is work, make money, go home and cry myself to sleep on the couch. My room smells too much like Elliot for me to sleep there without thinking about what happened three days ago.

I pick up my tag and press it on to the reader, letting the door buzz before I grab it and open it, making my way down the hallway. And just like the past few days whenever I walk by here, the receptionist desk is empty. And I'm starting to think Ms. Wendy is avoiding me which mean she knows something that I don't.

I walk past the desk, going towards the back to the locker room. I open it up and go straight towards my locker. Ares is sitting on the bench, his elbows on his knees as he waits for me and watches me out my bag into my locker.

He hasn't said anything these past few days as he watches me but I can feel the anger rolling off of him in waves.

He's the only reason I roll out of bed and come to work.

As much as I hate Elliot, I wouldn't wish Ares' bats and wrath on him, no matter what he's done.

I feel grey eyes on me as I close my locker and head to the clock in station, punching in my time as Ares comes behind me. Today he's my partner and while I always love working with him, I don't need him questioning me in what happened.

I relive it enough in my head.

Ares follows me out of the room and down the hallway, last the still empty desk and towards the doors that lead into the open section of the Aquarium.

I push the door open and allow Ares is skip out behind me as we make our way to our stations. It feels weird to be out here without Elliot giving me that grin with his brown eyes, whispering the stupidest shit through the air because he knows I can hear him.

He always made me look stupid when I would laugh in front of everyone when there was no one else close to me.

And now he's gone.

And I'm not too sure if I want him to come back.

I continue to greet people as they flood inside, helping a few people with where the bathroom is as well as a few exhibits. I wave to a few regulars and tell them about the new fish when suddenly I'm hit with the smell of Raspberries and Roses.

Pushed Asideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें