Working and Laughs

Elliot's POV

This is my third day here this week, just like Darren promised and it's honestly not as bad as I thought. I mean sometimes I find Zay looking at me a bit strange, but other than that things have been perfect here at my first job.

Though Courtney and I haven't been seeing a lot of each other that week, and it should bother me, it's not and I feel an odd sense of peace that I've never felt before. I'm not quite sure of the reason since all I do is go to work, do school work and sleep, but I'm not going to complain about it. Mikey and I went partying last night, though we were home by twelve, so as I get out of my car and make my way up the walkway and to the entrance, there's a bit of a pep in my step and a smile on my face.

I grab my ID that's hanging off of my waist, and pull the electric string so it can touch the pad and click once it recognizes the code inside. I pull the door open and walk in, only to see that I beat both Beth and Zay here.

With a smirk on my face, along with my most charming smile, I walk up to Ms.Wendy's desk and greet the older lady. "Good morning, Ms. Wendy."

She looks up from her computer to touch her eyes with mine and she smiles once she sees it's me. "Good morning, handsome." She says and I shake my head at her like always when she says it. She sets her keyboard aside and leans more towards me giving me her attention. "So how was your first week here? Did it go how you thought?" She asks me and though it's not that weird of a question, I feel like the answer that she's looking for isn't one I have for her.

"It was fun, even though it was only training and getting to know the place. I made a few friends so I call this week a win." I tell her with a smile and she gives me one back with a bit of narrowed eyes.

But before I can question her or she can say something to me, I hear the sound of a buzzer and the clock of the door being open before I hear Zay and Beth coming down the hallway talking and laughing. I turn my head just in time to see them exiting the hallway and Zay stopping once he sees where I am.

His spot. Before him.

"Newbie, I don't know what you think you have going for you, but get away from my woman!" He says walking up to lightly push me to the side but I don't bulge away I laugh.

"She doesn't want you. She wants a real man. Ms.Wendy is tired of the boys that only come around when you want something." I tell him with mock anger but I can't hold in my grin and laughs anymore when the receptionist co-signs with an, "Amen!"

"You're such a traitor." Zay pouts at Ms.Wendy but she looks too unbothered to care, probably used to Zayvion's antics and tomfoolery. "Come on, newbie. We got work to do." He says at the receptionist before he pretends to storm off in a fit of rage. I laugh and wave at the older woman before I turn and follow Zay's dramatic form down the hallway, Beth by my side.

That's the other thing, Zay has been calling me newbie and though it shouldn't phase me that he doesn't call me by name like he does everyone else, I don't like the feeling.

I think it's because it singles me out as the new guy that doesn't know anything and is ignorant towards a lot of what's going on around me, but I don't want to be known by that at all. And I want Zay to start calling me by my name. Maybe I can talk to him about that today, though I might chicken out. I can be too much of a people pleaser for my own good, even if I know what I'm asking for is too much.

One of my many, many flaws.

Me and Beth continue laughing as we make our way down the hallway and to the locker which I hold open for her and get a perfect smile in exchange.