Laziness and Tattoos

Elliot's POV

I lay awake in bed, my arm propped up by my hand as I use my free hand to trace circles on the base of Zay's back.

When I came yesterday, I had been trying to figure out a way to explain to him that despite my initial fears and all the shit we've been through, some how I had found myself fallen in love with him.

But of course he had to beat me to it, staring true to how flustered he gets whenever it comes to talking to me about anything serious. It's just as adorable now as it was before. My finger continues to trace light patterned, gazing at the smoothness of his skin is the morning light.

After Zay Marked me last night, the wound still tender in my flash, my poor crazy eyes had knocked out immediately, his hole stills spawning around my hole as I tried to come down from my high.

Even still, I woke up an hour before he did, doing nothing out laying here with him beside me, watching the soft rise and fall of his chest as he dreams.

So much shit has happened between us, it's almost crazy that we've made it as far as we did, but I know that it's because of more than just the Soulmate bond. It's about more than the fact that are lives are tied together and the two of us are meant to be. It's more than that.

It's the fact that his green eyes make me feel alive when he stares at me, getting lost in my own as they soften and pull me in.

It's how I know he hates the smell of roses but loved the smell of lemon, though he hasn't given me an explanation as to why.

It's the fact that we've both been burn by the flames of each other, trying to learn how to come together without but no my out. And here we are, learning, loving and living together una way where neither of us are getting hurt.

And all it takes it a little bit of patience and an equal effort and suddenly, things that seemed so impossible before are the easiest thing in the world now.

It's crazy how life is funny like that.

My fingers continue their movement, this time on his spine trailing lightly as the skin of his body glides beneath my loving strokes. His back shivers and there's a light moan that leaves his mouth and I smile to myself as I realize that my sleepy head is finally waking up. He snuggles closer to the pillows, my fingers stalling on his soft skin before one of his emerald eyes peek over and find mine.

"Good morning." I tell him and he blushes throughout his body, turning his head so that his face is hidden by the pillows before his green eyes peeks back out at me.

"Morning." He grumbles into the pillows, not quite able to hide the redness spreading down his ears to his neck.

I pull my hand away, hoping I'm not embarrassing him but as soon as my touch leaves his body, Zay begins to squirm on the mattress shaking his back and ass until I laugh and place my hand back on his face, continuing my soft feather strokes making his shimmying stop.

"Let's have a lazy day." I tell him and he turns his head so that I can see his face again, both of those gems peaking up at me through thick dark lashes.

"I like that idea. But there's still one place I want to go." He tells me and I frown as I try to think about where he could possibly want to go since neither of us have work today. Seeing the confusion on my face, Zay chuckle to himself before when relieves my confusion. "We have to go to the tattoo shop, remember?" He asks me and my hands still in shuck until he begins to squirm again.

"You were serious? You would get a tattoo on your neck for me?" I ask him trying to keep my eyes from watering at the thought but unable to stop the tears from forming in my eyes.

He turns to me with a sarcastic smile but soft eyes as he looks at me with a smile. "Of course I was. I love you and I want your Mark in me too. I would wear it with pride." He tells me and I find not a trace of a lie in his voice and it makes me smile broadly, leaning down to kiss him all over his face before I whoop and scramble out of the bed, going to find my sketchbook to draw a picture for him and I.

When I get back to the room, I find Zay sitting up, leaning against the headboard as I jumó back on to the mattress, the smile on my face refusing to leave as I open my book to a fresh page and stare at him.

Zay blushes and looks away, staring down at the covers as his eyes keep flicking up to me, unable to stay away for long.

"What?" He asks in mock exasperation but I would bet all my art collection that he loves being stared at, the attention something that he loves and craved even if he doesn't want to admit it.

"This is important. It's about you and the love I have for you and what you mean to me." I tell him pointedly before I go back to staring at him. This time there's no complaints but his blushing cheeks don't go anywhere. After about five minutes of looking at him, I see it, not jay what he is to me but what I am to him and what that means.

I take my pencil to paper and I begin to draw, my focus on the art in front of me and I feel Zay crawl a little closer, sitting close enough for me to feel his heat without feeling crowded as I put the feelings I feel when I look at him to paper.

I sketch out the light and the darkness, shaking it all in softly, making sure to get the crack and imperfections because no matter if you're just not meeting someone or if you've fallen in love, they don't go away. You just learn to love them along with the good days and the bed, the perfections and the imperfections. It's all about of them whether you like it or not, but as long as you can love them for who they are, even with the blemishes and the taint, the you'll be okay.

I shade in the last little ares before I put my pencil down and look down at the small piece in pride.

I look over to Zay and see his loon of confusion in his eyes and so I explain it the beet I can, the vision and the feelings I hold whenever I see him and when I think of him.

"The two of us are complete opposites, now and especially when we first met. And both of us made mistakes. We fucked up, hurt each other, hurt ourselves and we're both lost in what to do with this new thing we had between us. Our imperfections showed themselves and we learned to see them, accept them and still come together even with the few missing pieces from getting hurt. You're the softness ti my brashness, the joy to my fear, the solidness to me doubt. We're opposites , with the same motions, same fears but still able to balance each other out, unlikely lovers, but perfect for each other in the end." I tell him, showing him on the picture in front of me.

When I'm done, he turns to me with soft eyes, looking at me with dewey lashes and wobbly lips.

"You're amazing." He tells me and I laugh and shake my head, pulling him closer to be so I can kiss him softly on his forehead.

"Not perfect. But perfect for you." I promise and ge hugs me tightly before he lets me go and gently pulls the piece from my lap.

"Can we go now? He asks me, voice liked with hope and I laugh as I nod my head yes making he shout with joy before scrambling off the bed, excited to have his down claim as mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ahh yes everything is coming together I see. I love them so much. They both deserve the world. Some times I see sad when I write these books because I've had my Silas but I'm still looking for my Ares. But it also reminds me of my worth and what I shouldn't settled for.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: What would your soulmate look/be like?