Amusement and Smirks

Elliot's POV

       All day, Zay has been kept in his toes by me, and I must say, for once, it's great to have the tables turn, the constant blush in Zayvion cheeks making my ego stand a mile tall.

       If I knew that flirting with him to feed him was an option and would be this much fun, I would have done it ages ago. As of now Zay and I are back to greeting the people as they come in, our first spot of the day and been cleaning glass this morning.

       I'm the past hour or so, I've caught Zay staring at me at least four times, and whenever I do, all I have to do is hold his gaze before he ducking his head and turning away.

      Too easy.

       But what I didn't expect is for my body to begin to react to it as well. The faint spark that had always been there since we've met, is definitely stronger and it makes touching his body a lot more risky than I would have thought.

       I continue to greet people when suddenly I get a hilarious, maybe a little teasing idea.

       As far as I've learned, all supers have enhanced hearing, which means listening to my voice over only a ten feet distance should be easy. "Zayvion." I say under my breath, loud enough for my own ears and apparently his as his head turns in my direction.

      I smirk to myself, knowing the only reason he heard is is because he was listening to my voice anyway.

        Though he turns to smile and wave and newcomers, I can tell his fully attention is on me, his body unable to stay turned away form me for long.

         "Did you like the show I put on for you, this morning?" I ask him and I don't even have to look over and have enhanced vision to know that his cheeks are flushed and his breathing is stalling as it always does. "You were so close to me. I almost wanted to touch." I tell him and I get distracted by an older lady.

         "Excuse me young man, do you know where I can find the bathroom?" She asks and I chuckle to myself, always loving the sweet old ladies that come through here countless times and somehow still lose their way to the bathroom.

        "Yes, ma'am. You walk down in the left side of the wall and go down the last hallways. The woman's bathroom is the first door on the right." I tell her and she pays my hand with a warm smile as she thanks me.

       Once I watch her to make sure she gets where she belongs safely, I turn my gaze back to Zay who, sure enough, is back to staring at me.

        "Wipe the drool, Zay." I tell him with a secret smile that I know he's sees. "I haven't even started with you yet."

✨✨✨

      It's finally lunch time and I'm hungry enough to eat a cow a pig and a whole watermelon. And I hate watermelon.

       Zay and I enter the break room, me behind him as we go stand in line, my hands settles on the soft curve in his hips as the line inches forward. I still keep a few inches of space between us, but I can tell both of us feel the sparks from the contact of my hands on him.

       As as much as I was scared of the feeling I got whenever we happened to touch or brush against each other, I now find the feeling and Zayvion's reactions quickly addictive.

      Once were caught up in the line, I let him go, a bit reluctantly to my surprise, and we both go down the line, making our plates form the spread in front of us. When we're done, I see Zay stand there awkwardly as if he doesn't know what to do now, his cheeks filling in a blush.

       "Come on." I tell him and he jumps a little as if he was so far in his head, that I had to pull him out. It makes me a bit curious to what he's thinking.

       I lead the way to the door outside and when I turn my head I see some of our friends and coworkers sitting together at a large table off to the side and as we walk pass Ares raises his head and his eyes meet mine. I dip my chin and he returns the look, going back to his lunch, and it seems as if it's a mark of approval form Zays protective friend.

        The bat still haunts my dreams.

         Zay opens the door and I catch it with one hand, my plate secure in the other and my drink in the crook of my arm. We walk over to the bench and sit down, the same way we did like two days ago.

        But I plan for this conversation to go very very differently.

         We begin eating and I can feel Zayvion's eyes flicker up and down from his plate to my eyes. After I finish my salad, I set my fork down and meet his gaze head on but that seems to fluster him, his eyes falling back to the table.

         "I was giving you a better view." I tell him in amusement and though I can now longer see his precious forrest green eyes, I can se the way the tips of his ears heat up into a harsh pink making my chuckle to myself. He grumbles something under his breath and usually I would let it go, but I enjoy teasing him too much to do that.

         "What was that?" I ask him, my lips trying to curve into a smirk but I will then to stay still though it's not every effective.

         Green eyes peek up at me through long lashes and I feel something move in my chest, and I chug some of my water, thinking it's some food that went down wrong. He doesn't answer at first but he opens his mouth once more to tell me what he said. "I liked the view form earlier."

        I feel a slight bit of panic flow through me, this whole concept still fresh, especially when it falls from my hands and it's taken into his.

        But I know that the feeling is a lot more mild that it was when I first got here. Progress is progress and if it means I can help Zay, maybe it's worth giving it a shot. Maybe.

       "Well, of course. It was for you after all." I tell him and he chokes in his food for a bit coughing up a storm and at first I don't understand what made him so flustered until I realize the indirect submission to him. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, so I sweep in under the rug to unpack this later.

        "Well thank you." He says, back to his awkward ass and I can no longer take it as I burst out laughing.

         "Here I thought you would be able to keep up with me tic for tac but you get flustered when my hand wanders down to you hip." I tease him and he scoffs, trying to get some of his bravado back, but it's clear he's just as shy as before and it's refreshing actually, to have him so rattled with the simplest of things.

      I've seen him flirt and get flirt with, and it's a huge ego booster to know that's this reaction, the blushes and embarrassment are all me.

      Maybe this whole flirtationship thing will work out all right.

       Maybe it'll be able to go a little further.

        I frown at the last thought, the words completely unexpected though not exactly unexpected with the weird and new emotions coursing through me today, though none of them am I ready to visit or think about yet.

      I turn my attention back to Zay and catch him looking down at his food list in thought and I smile to myself when I remember why I wanted to bring him out here.

      "So, when are you showing me this café?"

~~~~~~~~~~
Dude I'm so glad how much better my writing had gotten. Like looking back at the beginning of Forbidden and then looking at this book, I am so fucking proud. This is my favorite book. Short chapter bc it's a filler.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: How do you think Chris will react tomorrow?