Secrets and Advice

Elliot's POV

     The ride home is a blur of my own thoughts coming to bombarded my mind constantly. The words inside my head are on repeat as I try to figure out what the fuck to do.

        This isn't something you can just walk away from and say, oh well not my problem. I may not be a Super myself or have any friends that are. but even I know how important it is for them to find their Soulmate.

        I'm Zay' soulmate.

        And suddenly a lot of things make sense.

        Before I let myself think about it any further, however, I park my car in the parking lot in front of my apartment and make my way out of the car and straight up to our door. I unlock it, and my gaze is completely unfocused as I walk past Mikey in the living room.

       I get inside my bedroom and lock the door, knowing what I have to do if I'm going to stay sane tonight. I pull my phone out of my pocket and press a number before I pull the phone to my ear.

      "Hey, babe!" Comes the voice on the other end, and I cringe, hating that I have to do this.

       "Hey, Bambi. I just got home and I'm not feeling too good. I don't know if I can make it out tonight." I tell her and there's a beat of silence before she answers, her voice a lot less excited than it is now.

        "Oh... well, okay. Do you need me to bring you anything?" She asks me and I feel like shit, knowing that she's cares about me so much, but also knowing that it wouldn't be fair for these thoughts to be going through my head with her around.

        "No, I'm okay. If something happens, I'll make Mikey go get it." I tell her and she gives her okay before she's gone.

         And my thoughts resume themselves form the car as I begin to get undressed.

        It all make sense now.

        Ever since I started at the beginning of this week, I've wondered why a guy that could literally have anyone he wanted, seemed to be so stuck on me, after me repeatedly saying that I'm not gay.

       And the whole time he was trying to figure out how to tell me that I'm his Chain.

      But the thing is, how will that even work?

       I'm straight, and I plan to marry Bambi in a few years.

       I know the human part doesn't matter because I've seen humans with Supers a lot, but this... holy hell. Zay is a cool dude and a funny guy, but I can't see myself kissing another man, much less spending the rest of my life with him.

        But....

        I also remember those weird feelings I got when I was around him. The sparks, the tingles. It was there in my fucking face the whole time and I didn't even notice.

         Even though I know it's selfish and I know I shouldn't think this way, because it's not just me... I wish I never knew. I wish I heard my name and kept walking and never found out that Zay and I are supposedly meant to be together. To humans, the whole soulmate concept is never our concern and always in the back of our minds. To supers, it's their life and sometimes their reason for living.

       So how do I take that away from Zay, knowing how important this could be for him?

       I can't.

       After walking around my room, with the same thoughts swirling over and over in my mind, I finally give up and decide to get some advice form my best friend that's always been there whenever I needed him and he's never judged.