Threats and Apologies

Elliot's POV

      "Come on, Zay. Don't do this." I try to tell the man again as we walk past each other during our circuit but he ignores me as he continues walking. When I had come in today and hadn't seen any signs of Zay, I got worried that he didn't make it home last night and I started kicking myself to think that something may have happened to him.

     I was just leaving to go and see if I could find him, just now realizing that I don't have his number when he came walking through the door. And he looked him shit.

     Almost worse than when he was hiding who I was to him. His face is a bit thinner, his skin an ashy gray and his breathing is a bit labored though all we've been doing is walking through exhibits and answering any questions that people have.

       It's a bit worrying but I also feel like shit for thinking he was just being dramatic.

        He's never once lied to me but it made it a whole lot easier to think he was than to admit that I might have caused him pain. Now that the evidence is in my face, I feel like shit.

       I want to apologize and maybe even try again tonight, but he won't talk to me at all. Hell, he won't even look at me.

      I know I fucked up yesterday, but I can't make it better and fix it if he's not talking to me. So I have to just take measures into my own hands. I pass by a small hallway to my left, not paying attention but before I can finish passing it, I feel a hand on my arm and I'm snatched into the small stairwell.

      I turn my head, hoping that it's Zay that changed his mind about talking to me, but all I find is the man, Ares who wanted me away from his friend at the end of last week.

      This time there is no bat in his hand, but something tells me that I should still be wary of him without it. His gray gaze is piercing me as he corners me in the small hallway. "Do you remember what I told you would happen if you rejected my little brother?" He asks and I nod my head, recalling the way he promised to have my legs out of commission for the next few weeks if not longer.

        He takes a step back, and the next thing I know, a pocket knife is wizzing through his his fingers as he stares me down making me gulp with nerves.

         "See, I thought the dumbest thing you could do was get Zay to reject you. But you humans always pass the fucking bar when it comes to showing your incompetence. If you don't plan on giving into the bond or treating Zay with some fucking respectable like the princeling he is, then you need to reject him now and live with the fucking pain. Go fuck twenty girls and lie about them in public for all I care, but you won't continue fucking with my kid." He tells me but before I can respond, he shoves me from the small hallway making me stumble into someone who looks at me like I'm fucking crazy.

     I turn my head to look at Ares hut when I do, the hallway is empty and the man is gone.

      I hesitantly walk away from the spot and continue going about my way, knowing that I'm going to be late for our next stop point and not expecting for Zay to wait on me. But to my surprise when I get to the meeting point he's waiting there with his hands on his hips and an angry expression on his face.

       I hurry to him, hoping to say something but as soon as he sees me coming, he's on his way again making me curse.

      A the rest of the circuit goes like that until the next two people come to relieve us of our positions. The next one we go to fa te r lunch is greetings and if I want to catch that man before he leaves for the day, the best spot would be lunch.

      I hurry towards the employee part of the building, opening up the door with my badge as I continue down the hall. I pass by Ms. Wendy with only a wave before I keep going.