Home and Disappointment

Elliot's POV

        I stay in the café for another thirty minutes after Zay leaves, taking the time to talk to the guys from school before I grab my stuff and leave, throwing away our unfinished food and drinks from the date-like outing we had planned.

      I regret ever taking Zay out in public. I should have known that I would have seen some people I knew here, but instead of thinking and taking him somewhere else, like a dumbass I brought him here.

      And now, we're all the way back at square one.

      Though I don't understand why he was so fucking upset about the whole flirting thing with the guys. How was I supposed to know that it would make him sick? I wasn't. He was only looking for things to be mad at at the moment.

      Waving thanks to the workers behind the counter, I make my way out of the café and towards the car. It's only then that I realize that in his anger, Zay probably ending up walking home. Though it brings a slight frown to my face, I shrug it off as I slide into the drivers seat and turn on the car. Once I'm secure I pull out of the parking lot and make my way home, an hour or two earlier than planned.

     Hopefully Mike won't ask too many questions.

      With a sigh at how the evening turned out, I make my way through the crowded streets of Kaulike until I find myself outside the University campus and I'm pulling into the parking lot of our apartment complex.

       I immediately turn off the car and grab the stuff I need before I make my way out of my car and up the stairs to my apartment, my brows furrowed a little as I try to wrap my head wording what fact that this isn't going to be as easy as I thought.

       I take my keys and unlock the door, entering the apartment and finding Mike sprawled our in the couch and he turns to me with furrowed brows and a curious expression.

       "You're back early." He says and I hear the unspoken question in his words that I ignore as I give him a smile and nod my head in agreement.

       "Yeah. We ended the night earlier than I thought we would." I tell him as I continue through the apartment and into the hallway, opening my door to grace my room with my presence. But of course, escaping can't be that easy.

     I hear footsteps follow closely behind me and as I begin to get undressed, I feel Mike in the doorway, watching me with eyes that always seem to know everything.

        "What did you do?" He asks and it irritates me that he assumes that me coming home early would mean that something went wrong and it was my fault.

        " I didn't do anything." I tell him with a harder voice than I mean to and that doesn't seem to sit well with him as his tone matches mine and he repeats his question.

       "Elliot, what the fuck did you do to that man?" He asks me and I whirl around with my shirt coming off of my head and landing in the ground as I look at my best friend turns in annoyance.

       "I didn't do anything. He's just a bit sensitive and went home early." I tell him, abounds the question, but it seems as if this bastard isn't going to let me.

        "Sensitive to what?" He grills me, not budging from his position, and I sigh as I roll my eyes and turn back around to finish undressing, not caring if he sees me since the two of us grew up together and has seen things neither of us wanted to, too many times to count.

        "I don't know man. Some guys from school and the football team came over to talk to me while we were there. I talked to them and then they went and flirted with him. He got mad that I didn't claim him as anything more than a coworker. And he's mad because I let them flirt with him when it could make him sick, but I didn't know that." I tell him, growing more upset at the dumb reasons that Zay claims to be upset with me.

        There is silence behind me and I think that the questioning is over, but of course, I'm wrong.

       "You're a fucking idiot. And a goddamn asshole. I hope he realized that today." He says and I turn around with a frown and irritation clouding my face.

       But when I look, Mike is leaving the room, making his way back towards the living room. Wanting to know what the hell he thinks I did wrong and how I'm such an idiot, I follow him to the couch that he sits himself on and cross my arms as I stare at him, waiting for him to continue.

      When he just stares at me, I question him.

       "What the hell do you mean I'm an idiot and an asshole? I didn't even fucking do anything." I tell him and he stares at me before shaking his head and scoffing at me.

       "If your this oblivious, then you are on purpose. There's no way you're this fucking dense. And even if you are, that just means that you're not going to listen when I tell you."

        "I listen when you tell me shit, even if I don't like it. How do you think I ended up here in the first place?" I ask him as my irritation cintura to grow and grow. And it's that that seems to finally amke Mike snap as he leans out exactly what I did wrong in his eyes.

        "The first fucked up thing you did was take him out on a date without being ready to be seen by others. You're in public. You wouldn't have wanted Bambi to shove you away like a disease whenever someone she knew came around." He starts and when I go to open my mouth, he cuts me off. "You came into his life and shitted on any plans he had of an easy happy ending. Then you get his hopes up only to not even claim him as a friend. I know you, you probably went out of your way to tell the guys that you barely knew him.

      "And the most ironic part? Half of the football team likes dudes. It was the team that threw the Pride Party last month. So the only one there that was in danger of judge or being homophobic was you, so don't get me with that bull shit ass lie.

      "You only made a move on Zay so that you wouldn't feel guilty about him slowly dying. You don't want to date him, or even actually help feed him. You're barely doing just enough. This isn't the Elliot show. And I know for a fact that you still haven't talked to Courtney. So yes, you're being a dumbass and an asshole."

      His lecture is spewing from his mouth and though I hear it all, I don't like how he's trying to make me seem like the bad guy.

      "I didn't know that those guys were going to flirt with him! And how the fuck was I supposed to know that it would hurt him?!" I ask him and he glares at me before pointing at me accusingly.

       "Because he fucking told you that you are the only person that can feed him. You can't misinterpret that Elliot. You're just being a dick because it's a lot more comfortable than actually giving a fuck about someone or something other than yourself." He tells me and I don't want to listen to this shit anymore.

      "I didn't do shit wrong. I'm not the bad guy, I'm the fucking victim." I tell him and he just stares at my face before he looks away in disappointment, looking at the tv, though I can tell that he's not really watching it. "Fuck you." I spit before I walk away and back towards my room.

    I slam the door shut behind me as I conste to get myself ready for the night to lay down.

     My way is going perfectly fine, and I will continue to do it in the way that works. Tomorrow I'll just have to work a little harder for his forgiveness, knowing that in his stubborn state, he might avoid me in anger. And while it shouldn't be that big of a deal, I can feel my body starting to ache at being away from his, something else that developed recently.

     Tomorrow I'll apologize, if only for the sake of things and make him feel a little better.

     I know what the fuck I'm doing, even if no one else seems to agree.

~~~~~~~~
I could feel myself drifting off with this one. I'm going to try to take a nap and wake back up. Elliot makes me want to hit him in the guy. Mike is so fucking smart. Zay honestly should have him

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: What was the last thing you ate?