Chapter 16: Choice

Chapter 16: Choice

Edward and I were talking about the wedding when Carlisle came into the room "Edward, Bella" He said "Can I have a word with you two in my den please" I looked at Carlisle then at Edward "Of course" Edward said as we got up and followed Carlisle upstairs.

We walked into Carlisle's den. "Please have a seat" Carlisle said. So Edward and I sat down in the chairs in front of Carlisle's desk. "Whats wrong?" I asked. Carlisle just smiled "I did some research about Renesemee" he said. Edward and I looked at each other and then at Carlisle. "And?" I asked curious. "Well" he started "I have found some information about whether or not she will be able to have children". "Oh" I said "And what did you find out" Edward asked with a smile. I figured he already knew and he was just asking for my sake. "Well" Carlisle began "Since she is half human and her body goes through changes then she will be able to bear children. "really?" I asked "That's great" "Yes" Carlisle said "What about the vampire side of her?" Edward asked. "Well, since she is only half vampire it just depends" Carlisle said "Depends? on what?" I asked. "if she has a baby with a human then she will be fine, the baby will only have 1/4 percent or less of vampire DNA. But is she was to have one with a vampire it would be half or all vampire". "What would happen to her?" I asked "Most likely she would be fine since half of her is immortal. It just may cause her to be all immortal" I just looked at Carlisle, since Jacob was human she should be alright. "What about if her and Jacob have a baby?" I asked Carlisle smiled "Well it would be a very unique baby" I looked at him confused then Edward laughed and said "He is meaning because it would be human, and part vampire and could also possess a wolf gene". I thought for a second then started laughing "Oh" I said "That would be a unique baby". Carlisle and Edward laughed "Yes, but it would be great as well" Carlisle said.

We talked for a bit about it, then Carlisle said "One of us needs to talk to Jacob and Renesemee about it. "Why not all of us?" I asked "Why don't you talk to Renesemee" Edward said "Carlisle and I will talk to Jacob" I sat there for a minute then I realized why they wanted me to talk to Renesemee. I remember Charlie trying to talk to me about sex. It was really embarrassing. "Alright" I said with a laugh. Carlisle and Edward laughed at me once they realized that I figured out why they wanted me to talk to Renesemee.

Well I went downstairs to talk to Renesemee. She was watching TV with Jacob and Sarah. "Jacob" I said "Edward and Carlisle would like to talk to you upstairs" Jacob looked at me and said "Alright" then he gave Renesemee a kiss on the cheek and went upstairs. I walked over to Renesemee and Sarah. "Renesemee, would you like to go for a walk so we can talk?" I asked. She looked at me then replied "Sure mom" she got up and we went out the door.

As we were walking through the forest Renesemee asked "So, mom, what did you want to talk about" I looked at her then at the ground. If I could blush I would have. "Oh" she said "And Dad and Grandpa are having the same talk with Jacob too, aren't' they?" I nodded. We continued to walk. "So, is this about Sarah being pregnant?" she asked? "No" I replied "It's just...Your dad and I talked to Carlisle about whether or not you could have kids, since your half vampire" She looked at me the at the ground and replied "Oh, and?" I looked at her and said "Well he said that since you are part human and the fact that your body changes, you will be able to" Renesemee smiled when I told her this. "But" I said "the baby will have alittle vampire in it and could possibly have the wolf gene as well" She looked at me and replied "Well that's alright, I would love it no matter what it is" I smiled at her and put my arm around her shoulder as we walked.

We walked back to the house. Jacob was back downstairs watching TV with Sarah. Renesemee gave me a hug and said "Thanks mom" I smiled as she went back to watching TV with Jacob and Sarah.

As I was walking through the living room I seen Edward and Carlisle come down the stairs. "How did it go?" I asked "It went well" Carlisle replied "How did yours go?" Edward asked. I looked over at Renesemee then back at Edward and said "it went good" Edward and Carlisle smiled then We all went into the kitchen where Esme and the others were talking. "What's going on?" Carlisle asked "We didn't want to bother you" Esme said "Yeah" Alice said " we know what you all were talking about and wanted to let you handle it in private" We all laughed "Yeah, it is better not to have a crowd when your having that kind of talk" Rosalie added. "Yeah" Emmett said "It's embarrassing enough when one person is talking to you about sex, more less having your whole family there" Jasper replied. We all just laughed then went about your usual ways.