Chapter 28: Unique Discovery

We had to keep a close eye on Renesmee since Carlisle is pretty sure that at least one of the babies is like Jacob, and the other is most likely like her. The one that is like Jacob is growing alittle fast, it is already bigger then the other. Carlisle is doing another test and ultrasound in a couple days.

Renesmee and Jacob were alittle worried, Jacob more then Renesmee. She thinks it will all work out and I am sure it will but Jacob is really worried because of what happened with me. And I can't really blame him, I am alittle concerned for Renesmee as well. Carlisle is doing what he can to figure out what they are as soon as he can. We already know that one is like Jacob, they other could be too but it is more likely it is like Renesmee, since they are having a harder time seeing it.

Alice has been trying to see the babies, it is hard for her to see around Renesmee so she is trying to see through Edward and I. So she has been in her room all day with Jasper, he is helping her relax while she is trying to focus on the future, Rosalie and Esme went shopping with Sue, my mom and Sarah. They also took Masen to get pictures taken of him. Emmett has been watching sports all day.

Edward and I decided to take Renesmee and Jacob out for a special dinner, seeing how their romantic dinner was alittle ruined by the reaction to the pregnancy news. We took them to a nice restaurant and had a great evening. "How are you feeling?" I asked Renesmee "I feel alright" she replied. You could see on her face she wasn't feeling to good, it is normal to have morning sickness they say so it would be alittle hard to tell if she is sick, sick or normal sick. After dinner we headed back home, on the way Renesmee got sick, we rushed her to Carlisle so he could check her out. After he examined her he said it was most likely normal pregnancy sickness, but that we should keep a close watch on her.

Carlisle suggested that Renesmee and Jacob either stay with them or with us. That way we could watch her, she agreed to stay with Carlisle, so in case she got sick he was right there. I was starting to worry about her, maybe it was going to be like it was with me. Just not as severe. "What if they baby does hurt her?" I asked Edward when were were alone. "I'm sure she will be fine" he replied giving me a kiss. "I knew it must not be that big of a deal, if Edward wasn't worried about it.

The next day Carlisle did another test to see if he could tell anything about the other baby. It was still alittle hard to figure that one out, he did find out that the one baby was alot bigger then the other. He did an ultrasound and seen where the one like Jacob was growing big. "Is that normal?" Jacob asked. Carlisle looked at him and said "Yes, you know how you went through growth spurts after you became a wolf?" "Yes" Jacob said looking confused. "Well, it is the same concept" Carlisle said "The gene is already active in the baby, so it makes it grow faster then normal" "Will that affect how long Renesmee is pregnant?" I asked "It may" Carlisle replied "It could cause her to deliver that one sooner"

The next few days Renesmee kept getting sick so Carlisle decided to experiment with giving her some blood, since she is part vampire she needs it anyway and her not getting it could be causing the sickness. So Carlisle got some blood from the hospital and gave it to Renesmee, it wasn't new to her like it was to me when I drank it pregnant. She drank it and instantly felt better. After about 24 hours she was no longer sick, so Carlisle figured she will need to keep drinking it to keep from getting sick. It also meant that he was right about the other baby being like her.

Well the next couple weeks went by and Carlisle did alot of tests on Renesmee, and finally he was able to tell what the baby was. He did the ultrasound and showed us the bigger baby was a boy, this made Jacob smile knowing he would have a wolf son. And then Carlisle got to the other baby, which is now bigger then before but still smaller the the other. "It is a girl" Carlisle said "And according to the blood work it is about 30 percent vampire" Well all looked at each other then Jacob said "So will she be alright?" Carlisle smiled and replied "She will be perfectly fine, since she has the same gene it will be like a normal pregnancy to her." We all smiled in relief to know she will be alright. "Only thing is" Carlisle started "She will deliver in about 3 or 4 months" Well all looked confused. "So does that mean they will grow fast?" Renesmee asked "Well" Carlisle said "It means that they will grow faster then normal babies, but they need to come out in about 3 months because they will be too big to stay inside Renesmee" We didn't know what to say. We all just looked at each other.

A few minutes later Alice ran into the room and said "I can see them now" We all looked at her as she continued "One is like Jacob cause I can't see it, and the other is part vampire and that is all I can see" We all laughed "What's so funny?" she asked. Carlisle explained to her what we now know and she said "Well that makes it easier to look for" so she stared blankly for a few minutes then said "They are all going to be fine" We all smiled at her. Then went downstairs to tell the others the news.

Esme, Rosalie and Sarah were playing with Masen, Mom and Sue were talking, Emmett, Jasper, Billy, Charlie and Phil were watching a ball game. "Well?" mom asked as she seen us come downstairs. "One is a boy and one is a girl" Renesmee said with a big smile. Everyone hugged her and was telling her congratulations. Carlisle explained to everyone what they were and when they would be here. It was going to be strange to have 2 babies here in just a few months.

Carlisle continued to do ultra sounds and run test on Renesmee, he constantly monitored the growth of both babies. "They won't hurt each other will they?" Renesmee asked. "No" Carlisle said "Since they have a twin connection they know not to hurt each other, I don't think either one of them is dangerous enough to harm the other". That will be something we will have to watch once they were born is that they don't hurt each other.

Mom and Sue took Renesmee shopping for baby stuff and we are all going to help her decorate the nursery. Everyone was so excited, Masen would have some play mates when they were older although we would have to make sure they didn't hurt him by accident.

Masen was right around six months old, he was babbling and sitting up. Renesmee spent alot of time with him, getting use to taking care of a baby. Since she never got to play with dolls and stuff as a child it was good practice. I loved watching Renesmee smile while she played with him, I was anxious to see her with her own kids, and yet I felt alittle sad knowing how grown up she has become.

The next few days went well Renesmee was happy and she hasn't been sick anymore since she started fulfilling her vampire needs. She even went hunting she just had to be careful with it. Jacob helped her by getting the animal down before she went for it. I liked to go with her when she went hunting so i could make sure she didn't hurt herself or the babies.

Renesmee spent most of the day either helping with Masen or sleeping. She is very tired carrying twins, I know sort of how she feels I remember how tired and weak I was when I was carrying her but I was just human, she is special and she is doing a great job.

While she was helping Esme with Masen, Alice, Rosalie, Mom and I all went to work on the nursery. We painted the room pale yellow , we put up two cribs, and a big rug that had a bunch of animals on it. It looked great, we were all excited for the babies to get here, and yet alittle nervous of what Renesmee will be going through.

The next day Sam and Emily came over and Jacob told them about the babies. Emily was excited that Renesmee was having twins and one of each at that. She was finding out what they were having next month. We all sat around talking, I stayed close to Renesmee so I could keep an eye on her. "So what do you want?" Renesmee asked Emily. "It don't matter" Emily replied. "I would love a little girl to dress up though" Sam smiled at Emily. "Sam wants a boy" Emily said with a laugh. "It don't matter to me either" Sam said as he gave Emily a kiss.

Sam and Emily were around alot to see Renesmee. Emily and Renesmee went baby shopping today, as well as shopping for some maternity clothes. Sarah, Rosalie and Alice went along with them, so Edward and I went hunting with Emmett and Jasper. We went alittle farther then normal, we wanted to see what kind of animals we could find outside of the city limits. We ended up settling for a herd of elk. When we got back Mom and Sue were sitting in the living room knitting baby blankets. Mom was making one for each twin and Sue was making one for Emily's baby and one for Masen.

Edward and I stayed at the cottage at night but at the big house during the day, Masen sat in the floor playing with his toys and smiling every time we looked at him. "I can't wait until Renesmee has the twins" Mom said. "Me either" I replied with a smile. Esme came out of the kitchen and said "It will be so lovely having so many babies around" I smiled at her and said "Yes, it will" Then we all sat around talking about the babies.