Chapter 24: New Year, New Beginnings

Well the week went by quick and it was New Years Eve. Renesemee and Jacob were having a party, we were all invited as was the wolves and Renesemees friends. It was going to be a good time. We all got dressed up, Alice, Rosalie and I all wore a black dress, Alice wore one that was real short, Rosalie's was real long and mine was in between. We each had different styles, Alices was straight and sparkley, Rosalie's had layers and the bottom flared and mine was straight and plain. Each of the guys wore nice shirts and black pants and Esme and Mom both wore a silver dress, Esmes came to her ankles and moms came to her knees. Sarah, Renesemee, Ally and Amy all wore red matching dresses, they came to their knees and flared at the bottom. Esme dress Masen up in a cute little outfit. It was a black shirt that looked like a tux and black pants. He was so adorable.

Well the party went great, Renesemee and Jacob are wonderful hosts. After the party Edward, Rosalie, Alice, Emmett, Jasper and I all went hunting , the wolves went home and everyone else stayed around talking for awhile. When we finished hunting we headed back, Mom and Sarah were still at Renesemees and I went in to see what they were doing. Edward and the rest headed back to the house.

"Hey" I said walking in the house "What is everyone up to so late?" Renesemee smiled and said "We are having a girls night" I looked at them and said "Oh Alright, well you all enjoy it. I will see you tomorrow" Renesemee jumped up and ran over to me "Why don't you stay mom" she said looking at me with those sweet eyes. I smiled at her "I don't want to ruin all your fun" I said "Oh come on Bella" mom Said with a laugh "Please" Renesemee pleaded. "Oh alright" I said as I went and sat down.

It was a fun night, Alice and Rosalie came by later. And then we or should I say they gave us make overs. It was alittle weird, I felt like a giant barbie doll. It was fun even though I don't like stuff like that. Renesemee did Rosalie and I did Alice. It was rather funny to see them made up like us. They didn't like it very much but they laughed at it.

Well Renesemee, Sarah and Mom stayed up most of the night with Rosalie, Alice and I. We had the advantage cause we didn't sleep. It was fun watching them pass out right before sunrise. The woke up about 10am. Mom and Sarah went home and probably back to bed. Renesemee and Jacob had plans to go out somewhere today and Alice, Rosalie and I all headed back to Carlisle's.

When we walked into the house Edward said "I thought you got lost" then he laughed "Oh, sorry" I said with a laugh as I sat beside him. "That's alright" he said giving me a kiss "Did you have fun?" "Yeah" I said "It was fun" We sat around talking and cuddled. Then we decided to go shopping. We all wanted to buy some baby stuff for Masen. Esme don't go out much with Masen so she sends us to get the things he needs.

While we were out Alice and Rosalie did some shopping for themselves as well. Edward and I looked at all the baby things. I never got to plan and decorate much for the Renesemee. But I don't regret it. I looked at all the baby clothes and blankets and stuff. I loved to feel the plush blankets, they were so soft. After we got the diapers and milk we had to get we headed back to the house.

The ride home was rather quiet, no one said anything. Which was alittle strange but I didn't say anything about it. When we got to the house we went in and gave Esme the stuff. Edward and i went to the cottage for the night.

We were watching the sun set and I asked Edward "So why was everyone so quiet?" He smiled then said "Well they were watching you in the baby store" I looked at him confused "And?" He laughed "And, they were both thinking how sad you must be to have never got to buy baby things and make a baby room and see your baby grow" "Oh" I said looking out the window. "It's not like that" I said looking at Edward. "I know" he replied kissing my head. "I wouldn't trade Renesemee for anything" I said. He looked at me and said "You are a wonderful mother and I wish you could have experienced the true motherhood" I looked at him and said "I know, sometimes I do to, but I got to experience something great. Something that no one has ever lived to see". Edward looked at me. "Well you know what I mean" then we both laughed.

Well the next few weeks went by quick, I spent time with mom, Esme and Renesemee and even Sarah mostly. I went hunting with Alice and Rosalie some and played chess with Edward alot. We watched the sunset and sunrise every day. It was so amazing.

Well Valentines day was coming up once again. The others had made plans of where to go and Edward and I were going to wait till the weekend to go somewhere. We wanted to spent the weekend with Charlie and Sue at a cabin in the mountains. I was looking forward to spending some time with Charlie.

Well It was Valentines day, and the others were getting ready to head out. The were saying their good byes. Carlisle and Esme were staying here with Masen, Renesemee and Jacob were staying in town they were going to dinner tonight and mom and Phil were going out with Charlie and Sue. Sarah decided to go out with Ally and Amy since they didn't have any plans. She felt alittle out of place, cause she didn't have a significant other and everyone else did.

Well Edward and I were at the cottage and I was thinking It is crazy how Edward tries not to read people's minds, he can't help it but he tries to avoid some peoples thoughts. In some cases it is a good thing, it comes in handy. Most of the time he just ignores what people are thinking, I got the advantage because he can't read mine unless I let him. Well sometimes he wishes he couldn't hear thoughts, he says it ruins the element of surprises at times.

Renesemee came over the while we were sitting there, and she said she wanted to talk to me. "Can you please excuse us?" I asked Edward. He smiled then left the room, not sure if the smile was just sincere or if he read her mind. Anyway Renesemee sat down beside me. "Mom" she said looking at her hands "Yes, honey" I replied with alittle concern. "I'm" then she stopped "Your what honey?" I asked looking at her. "She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and said "Mom, I'm pregnant" I was stunned. Not that it was a bad thing it just took me by surprise.

"Mom, are you alright?" Renesemee asked looking at me. "Yes" I said "Just alittle surprised" She looked at me then at the floor and said "I'm sorry mom" I looked at her confused "Sorry for what?" I asked lifting her head up so she was looking at me. "I know you are probley disappointed in me" she replied "Why in the world would I be disappointed. I am excited and happy for you" I said. She looked at me and said "Really?" "Of course honey" I replied holding her hands. "I love you, and I am glad you will get to experience this kind of love" She gave me a big hug and said "I love you, Mom"

We sat there talking for a long time. "So does Jacob know yet?" I asked "Not yet" she said "I plan to tell him tonight when we go out to dinner for Valentines Day" "He will be excited I am sure" I said smiling. "I hope so" she replied with a laugh. "Emily told us the other day that her and Sam were expecting a baby". "Really?" "I said that is great" "Yeah" she said "Jacob seemed excited about it".

After awhile Edward came back into the room, then Renesemee left. "So" Edward said "What did she want to talk about?" I looked at the smile on his face and said "You probley already know" He kept smiling then replied "Actually I don't she was thinking, I can't let him know, not till mom knows" I laughed "She is getting better at fooling your ability. "So, what was it?" He asked again. I smiled and said "She is pregnant" Edward looked at me then said "Really?" Yes" I replied "Are you mad at her?" He looked at me confused then said "Of course not, I am happy for her and for you" I looked at him and asked "Why me?" "Because" he replied "I know you will be happy to experience this with her, since you didn't have your mom get the chance to be there for you. I know you will be there for her". I smiled at him then leaned over and gave him a kiss.