Chapter 21: New Baby in Town

I stood there silent, then I said "Shouldn't we get her to a hospital or something?" Carlisle looked at me and replied "Normally I would say yes, but she is progressing to fast. She would never make it to the hospital". I looked at him then at Sarah. "Is there anything I can do?" "yes, can you find me some clean sheets and a warm blanket?" "Of course" my mom and I went to get sheets and a blanket. Edward was helping Carlisle as was Esme. The others just kind of stayed back. They knew it would be are to resist the smell of a new baby. Luckily they had just went hunting.

Renesemee went to call Kami to tell her about Sarah. She didn't know anyone else to call for her, she called Ally and Amy and told them as well. All three girls came over to help support Sarah. Well Mom and I found a bunch of sheets and blanket and we brought them to Carlisle. "Thank you Bella" Carlisle said "You may want to step back. The newborn baby scent may be alot to take in" I looked at him and stepped back. I knew I could handle it, I have been able to overcome the obstacles of humans but I wanted to keep Sarah and her baby safe.

I stood there watching Carlisle and Edward preparing Sarah to have this baby. Esme and my mom were holding her hands and trying to help her concentrate her on breathing. Watching my mom helping Sarah made me think about when Renesemee was born. I wanted her there so bad but she would have freaked to see Renesemee almost kill me then me being turned. She would never see me have a baby. I was glad she could be part of Sarah having hers. Since Sarah had been living here mom has taken to her like her daughter. Some people would have been jealous but I was grateful. Grateful that my mom could experience some things that she would never experience with me now that I was immortal.

It didn't take long for Sarah to get in the pushing stage, you could see the fear on her face. "Alright Sarah" Carlisle said " You need to push. On the count of 3 push" Sarah could only nod to Carlisle's instructions. "1....2.....3....Push" Carlisle said. Sarah started to push. "And relax" Carlisle said. This went on about 10 minutes she would push then relax. Then we all heard a small cry. I looked over to see Edward holding a baby boy. Carlisle was wiping it off and cleaning it up while Edward held it. Edward looked so sweet holding a baby.

After they wrapped the baby in a blanket Edward said "Here is your baby boy Sarah" Sarah looked at the baby and she had tears in her eyes. I wasn't sure if they were tears of joy or is it was from the pain she just went through, or both.

Sarah held her baby boy for the first time, she was alittle shaking when she got him into her arms. "He is so adorable" I said smiling at Sarah "Yes" mom said "He is a beautiful baby" The others came over to take a look. They were all smiling. As Sarah held the baby, there was a knock at the door. Alice answered it since she was the closest. When she opened the door there was Amy, Ally and Kami. "Did she have it yet?" Kami asked "Yes" Alice replied as she invited them in. The girls went over to look at the baby."Oh, how sweet" Amy said. They stood there looking at the baby. Carlisle looked at Sarah and said "May I take the baby and examine him and everything?" Sarah smiled then replied "Of course" She handed Carlisle the baby and he went into the other room to examine him.

Ally, Amy and Kami sat down in front of Sarah. "How was it?" Ally asked "It was...painful" Sarah said with a laugh. "Are you going to keep it?" Kami asked Sarah looked at Esme then at Kami and said "Actually No, I'm not" "Really?" Kami said "Yes" Sarah replied "I'm not ready to care for a child, I can barely take care of myself sometimes" "Oh" Kami said "So what are you going to do?" Amy asked "Well" Sarah said "I am going to let Esme and Carlisle adopt him" The girls looked at each other then back at Sarah "Really?" Ally asked "Yes" Sarah replied "They have done so much for me I felt they would be the best ones to care for my baby" From the look on Amy and Ally's face I could tell they were alittle leary about vampires raising a human baby. But they figured that Sarah has been around us longer and if she was comfortable with it then they would support her.