Chapter 23: Family Togetherness

Well after awhile we all headed home and got stuff ready for tomorrow. I was sitting on the couch with Edward we were snuggled up and enjoying each others company. "Hey Edward" I said "Yes?" he asked as he ran his fingers through my hair. "What would you think about Renesemee and Jacob being together?" I asked. He looked at me confused then said "Well they are married so they are together" I laughed "No, I mean like together, together" He looked at me then laughed "OH, that kind of together" "Yeah" I said with another laugh. "Well that is up to Renesemee, I mean we can't stop her or make her do anything" I smiled and said "Yeah, your right" Then he gave me a kiss.

Edward didn't say much more about what I asked him. So I didn't say anything else, We spent alot of the night with each other. We went into the bedroom and cuddle with each other. We watched the sunrise and then Edward and I got dressed . I actually decided to ear something fancy that Alice had picked out for me. I wore a long, red, strapless dress. and a pair of black, strappy heels. I got all dressy and came out of the bedroom. "Wow" Edward said "You look amazing" I smiled at him and said "Thank you" then we headed over to the big house.

When we walked in Alice was all excited, she seen a vision that I would wear this dress and she was so happy to finally see me dressed up. My Sarah,mom, Esme and Rosalie also loved the dress. We went in and sat down, not many people were here yet just us, Sarah, mom, Phil, Charlie and Sue. Renesemee and Jacob haven't got here yet neither has Billy, Sam and Emily. I don't think the rest of the pack are coming this year. Leah and Seth may since Sue is here.

Everyone was dressed nice and ready for the day. Masen had on a cute little Santa suit and a little Santa hat. Well time went quick and people started to come, Renesemee and Jacob came first, then Billy, then Sam and Emily. We all sat around talking and right before dinner was ready Leah and Seth showed up. I know Sue was happy to see them there.

Well like always when we had holiday dinners we all sat around the table. Not everyone ate, but we sat there to be polite. Rosalie and Alice were talking, Jasper, Emmett and Edward were talking, I was talking to Carlisle and Esme was feeding Masen. The rest were eating. After they ate dinner we all sat around talking. Alice got all the gifts rounded up and started giving them out. Most of them went to Masen, Alice got him clothes, Rosalie got him some rattles, Esme and mom both bought him a blanket, one was yellow and fuzzy with a duck on it and the other was blue and fuzzy and had a bear on it. Renesemee bought him some baby books that were really soft and that he could chew on, I bought him a Teddy bear and a outfit that had bears on it. It even had bears on the feet. Sue bought him some bibs and a hat, and Sarah bought him some clothes and socks. All his gifts were wonderful. We decided to to the gifts to our spouses when we got back home so the just did gifts to each other. Everyone gave us books and CD's which is what we got some of the others. I got my mom a necklace and Charlie a watch. I got Renesemee a special bracelet that said "My Baby Girl" on it and then got Jacob a hair trimming set. So when his hair got long he could cut it properly. Renesemee got everyone some kind of jewelry, the girls got a necklace and the guys got a pocket watch.

Well after we did the gifts Renesemee stood up and said I have one more gift. I smiled cause I knew what it was. It was the gift for Sarah. Renesemee handed the gift to her and said "Merry Christmas Sarah" then gave her a hug. Sarah smiled and opened the gift. When she pulled out the book she said "Oh thank you so much, I love it" She gave Renesemee and I a hug "It is to write down your memories and stuff so you can give it to Masen when he gets older" Renesemee said "It is wonderful" Sarah had a big smile on her face as she looked through the book.

Well the rest of the evening went well, we all talked and we passed Masen around and let everyone talk and play with him. The guests ate, and we dance and had a big party. Tomorrow was Christmas day and we all had our own plans on how to spend it. It was starting to get late so people decided to go home. Leah and Seth were the first to leave. Seth liked us but Leah wasn't that fond us us, Billy, Sam and Emily were the second to leave, then Charlie and Sue. Mom, Phil and Sarah helped clean up then they headed home. Renesemee and Jacob left the same time Edward and I did. We all walked through the forest, Edward and I went to the cottage and Renesemee and Jacob went to their house. They weren't far from each other, they were just in different directions.

When we got to the cottage Edward picked me up and carried me to the bedroom. He laid me on the bed and then laid beside me. We laid there cuddled together looking into each others eyes, his her golden brown and as were mine, finally. I loved being able to just lay here and stare at the man or should I say vampire I love. Everything was perfect.

We laid there as the sun rose, it was so beautiful. All the light swiftly flowing through the woods, lighting up the darkness. I loved watching this. As the sun rose all the way up Edward and I got up and got dressed. Afterwards we went to my moms house before we went to Carlisle's.

When we got there Phil was making breakfast, mom and Sarah were talking. "Merry Christmas" I said as we walked into the room "Merry Christmas honey" mom replied as she got up and gave me a hug. Sarah was working on the baby book that Renesmee and I had gotten her. I leaned down and gave her a hug. "Merry Christmas Sarah" I said with a smile. "Merry Christmas Bella" she replied. She was so happy, she smiled as she showed me what she had done so far in the baby book. We sat there talking for a while. "So" I said "Do you miss Masen?" She looked at me and replied "Yeah, I do, but I get to see him alot thanks to Esme" I smiled "Yes, Esme is an amazing person" I said "Yes, she is" Sarah replied. Edward sat there smiling, he knew better then I did about how amazing Esme is. After awhile we left and headed to see Carlisle and the others.

When we got there Carlisle and Esme were sitting on the couch, Esme was holding Masen, Rosalie and Emmett were playing chess and Alice and Jasper were out hunting. We went and say with Carlisle and Esme, "Merry Christmas" Edward said as we sat down. "Merry Christmas" Esme replied. "So how is Masen?" I asked Esme smiled "He is great" she said "Yes, very healthy and happy" Carlisle said with a smile. He looked at Esme and then back at us. You could see how happy he was to see Esme so happy. I was glad Sarah did this for them. It didn't bother them to be around Masen even though he was full human. The others had alittle harder time but they also enjoyed Masen being here and seeing how happy Esme was.

We sat around talking for a long time, I held Masen as did Edward. It was getting kind of late, I figured Renesmee would have been here by now. "I wonder where Renesmee and Jacob are" I said "They probley just wanted to spend sometime alone" Carlisle said "Maybe" I said, with alittle concern. I knew how it was wanting to spend sometime alone, but Renesmee was always here it was just alittle strange. As I sat there thinking about it Renesemee and Jacob came in the door "Merry Christmas all" Renesemee said in a very happy and perky voice. I was instantly relieved to see her. I got up and hugged her and said "Merry Christmas baby" They sat down and we talked for awhile.

As the sun was setting Edward and I decided to go hunting with Rosalie and Emmett. We went out in the woods and hunted for a long time. We were heading back to the cottage as the sun was coming up. So we sat outside and watched the light flow through the trees. I loved my life, I had a great man, wonderful daughter, my best friend was now my son-in-law, I still got to be around my mom and Charlie. It was perfect. I couldn't ask for anything more.