028: Stranger

It has been difficult for Sunghoon ever since he tried to approach Sungkyung

It has been difficult for Sunghoon ever since he tried to approach Sungkyung. She is just simply out of reach from him, even if she's not trying to avoid him.

Sunghoon tried his best to get close to the girl but it looked like luck wasn't on his side on this one.

Earlier he sat a on a far row from Sungkyung, during his English class. Instead of paying attention to they're professor, all he did was stare at Sungkyung's back.

His eyes would always land on her when he got the chance to take the same classes together. It was difficult for him to focus and at the same time, his heart pained whenever the two made eye contact.

When Sungkyung did make eye contact, her eyes didn't seem to show any emotion at all. As if it were lifeless.

Back then whenever Sunghoon went eye to eye with the female, he could always see the love and happiness it expressed out. It was obvious in the eyes of others.

But now it was a lot different at all. Her eyes now tell a different story, with a different person in it.

Where was the lovely and lively Sungkyung, that Sunghoon once knew before ?

Little did he know, he slowly started disappearing in her heart and mind.

" Yah ! Stop pinching my innocent cheeks Doyum ! The next time you do, there will be bills to pay. "

Doyum just laughed at the girl's little threat. She's just so cute. " And what kind of payment will that be? "

" Money. Duh ! "

" But I'm broke. "

" After you bought Sungwon a Saint Laurent branded shirt? Na-uh ! You ain't getting pass through me that easily. "

Sungkyung jokingly crossed her arms, while Doyum stuck his tongue out at the girl.

While the two are bickering over some stuff. Jiheon and Linlin watched from another side of their table, as Sungkyung and Doyum became closer than expected.

" Ooohh~ I actually like what's happening here. " said Linlin, grinning at the two.

Jiheon watched Linlin closely when she noticed that grin she has displayed.

" I know that grin Huang Tzuting ! Your planning something are ya? "

" And why would I tell? " Linlin said in a teasing tone. She knows something and was clearly up to something.

Jiheon rolled her eyes and sighed. " You know, I'm getting your phone a cctv installed on your camera, so I won't have to worry at what your planning at ever again. "

Linlin gasped dramatically.  " You don't trust me? How could you? "

" Aiisshh. Here we go again- " about to hit Linlin with her notebook, Sungkyung stood up and went beside them.

" Hey guys. I left something at the music room, I'll be back in a few minutes! " Sungkyung says, walking out to the school halls.

It was earlier today during music class that she forgot to collect the notebook Ms. Jun, gave them. Sungkyung was absent the day it was distributed so Ms. Jun just placed it in her desk.

Slowly and quietly opening the music room's door way, she walked into her teacher's desk, opened the first drawer and there she saw the notebook with her name written on it.

" Sungkyung. Wait. "

As she was about to exit the room, a familiar voice called from behind. She slowly turned around to face the one and only Park Sunghoon.

" Sungkyung Kim. Lets talk, please? "

" Is there something to even talk about? "

Even if Sungkyung didn't want to talk to him, then Sunghoon has no choice but to ask her to stay. He'd even hold her position if he has too, he just wants for her to listen.

" No. But I know- "

" Look Sunghoon, I get the message. You don't like me and you never will. So please just leave me alone."

Turning her back on Sunghoon, just wanting to get back to her friends, she was immediately stopped by Sunghoon who was now holding her hand.

" Let me explain. Sungkyung, please stay. " he pleaded, not wanting to let go of her that easily.

Sungkyung sighed. " Alright. "

Sunghoon felt relieved, but he frowned a bit when Sungkyung immediately removed her arm from his grip.

" Sungkyung. I'm sorry, I should've believed you from the start. It was wrong for me to accuse you of stealing from Yuna. "

Sungkyung bit her inner lip. " Its alright. At least the problem has been solved now. "

Sungkyung thought Sunghoon just wanted to apologise, but she has no intention to be angry at him at all. She just wanted to leave and talk to him only in times of need.

" And I'm sorry if I hurt you as well. I'm sorry if I caused you pain and gave you a hard time, I'm sorry if- "

" Sunghoon stop. Its ok. To be honest, if you didn't have done that, I would've met Doyum. " Sungkyung quietly smiled to herself.

At the mention of Doyum, made Sunghoon tense up. He felt as if he wanted to fight someone immediately.

" Yeah. And I'm actually glad. So I should just say, thank you Sunghoon. " she says patting his shoulder.

Sunghoon frowned and looked at her in the eyes.

" Sungkyung. Tell me, do you still like me? "

The girl went off guard at his question. She didn't want to make him feel sad, so she just looked away and gripped the hem of her shirt.

" I-I don't know anymore. "

At her answer, Sunghoon balled his hand into a fist. He could feel the tears about to come out of his eyes. But he didn't want to look weak in front of her.

After everything he did, he knows that she must hate him now. He knows that she deserves so much better, but it just feels wrong if it was not him she is with.

" Sunghoon. Thank you and I wish you a good time with Yuna, take good care of her alright? Don't hurt her. And if ever, I think it's for the best if we just be nothing but strangers. For now..."

Strangers?

Stranger.

Well that hurt. A bit.

Oh who is he kidding, that hurt alot. Classmates would have been a better term but it still wasn't enough.

He wanted more than that.