037: Court

" Excuse me

" Excuse me. You said what!? "

Starting about a few minutes ago, Sungkyung was asked by Yujin if anything happened when she was gathering wood with Sunghoon. Proceeding to talking about what actually happened (Sungkyung didn't want to lie) she was actually expecting Yujin to not go over reacting. But maybe over reacting is not the right term for this.

" I-I told him I still like him...? " Yujin stared at her, jaw dropped.

" Uh, Yujin? " trying to get her attention, Sungkyung tried waving her hand in front of her friend's eyes bringing her back to reality.

" Are you crazy─ well that was brave and a good thing for you to admit but─ the fuck! Are you crazy? " she said shaking her friend.

There were times when Yujin went, I don't know like this? Especially when the time came when she was actually having her monthly thing. Yujin ordered for her favourite drink at a local shop when they told her they actually run out, that's when Yujin started crying. Like crazy

She even had the courage to climb right on the counter and started shaking the barrista. It was actually a tough job for Jiheon and Sungkyung to pull her out of, while Linlin didn't even bother to help and just went through her phone.

" It does seem a bit I don't know, crazy? Or somewhat, but I tried my best Yujin. I didn't want to hurt Doyum and Sunghoon somehow just got it out of me. I'm really lost right now. "

Yujin's eyes widened when she noticed something fishy about her speech. As if she has been hiding something, and Yujin really wants to find out.

" Hold On. Hold On. What do you mean by, I didn't want to hurt Doyum? He's not even your boyfriend, or at least that's what I think..."

Sungkyung immediately turned her head away, covering her mouth. She was so worried about the two boys when she absolutely forgot to actually be careful with her use of words. You know how suspicious Yujin is, she's in the school news committee.

" Sungkyung? " Yujin crossed her arms, with her feet tapping on the ground. She looked strict as well.

" She likes me. " said Sunghoon who dazed at the warm, blue sky.

" Who? The girl who can lick her elbow back at Mr. Lee's class? " Laughter filled Sunghoon's area.

His friends were always the tease and such jesters when it comes to this kind of situation. Like the time when Seon told Jay that he has to kiss a frog as a sacrifice to make all the ghost in the dorm to go away and just so his friend Lily would go out with him, when it was actually an April fools day and Seon was trying to prank him.

And the frog? Well guess what, Jay actually kissed it. Gross. And well Lily? She moved back to Italy because of her grandmother. Poor, Jay.

Sunghoon rolled his eyes. " Whatever. But seriously, Kim. Sungkyung. Likes. Me. Park Sunghoon. "

His friends turned quiet but actually went celebrating a few seconds later. Sunghoon was filled with glee, receiving small greetings from his friends but what really have him all piped up, is the possibility for Sungkyung and him can get together.

" Hold up. Let's not celebrate just yet, the person Jeon Doyum still exists you know? "

Great. But otherwise, true as well. Sungkyung is very close to Doyum, and Doyum actually has a thing for Sungkyung, it made Sunghoon frustrated by thinking about it.

" Remember Sunghoon, the game is not over yet just because she admitted that she likes you. It means that war is coming."

Sunghoon felt dumbfounded. " War? War or what, exactly? "

" War of Hearts dumbass." said Heeseung who messed with Sunghoon's hair. " Things are going to get a lot complicated along the way but remember, if she chose Doyum you have no choice but to let her go if you truly love her."

Let her go? That doesn't seem right in Sunghoon's vocabulary. If he were to let go of something maybe it would be his figure skating. Sungkyung? That looks impossible.

But Heeseung was right. He needs to prepare himself if any case Sungkyung chose Doyum over him. Then, boom! It will be the most miserable day of his life.

Sunghoon will move on. In a year. Or maybe two. But all he knows is that he'll be the most miserable person in those years and he would let the regret and sadness engulf in him.

If Sungkyung did chose him, then thank the lord that the angel was actually meant to be with him.

" Kim Sungkyung! " just from the sound of his voice, Sungkyung was already aware to whom it belonged to.

" What is it Sunghoon? "

" Nothing much but I want to clarify something out."

"I'm confused. Clarify what out?" Sungkyung somehow felt dumb. She hasn't actually been talking to Sunghoon after the last encounter and that made her embarrassed and shy to even approach him.

And it would actually seem a bit rude if she just avoided him right after she admitted that she still likes him.

" Kim Sungkyung. Starting from now on, I'm courting you."

And that's when Sungkyung's lip parted. She didn't know what to say. She didn't know if she should even feel happy or sad. She didn't even know what to say or answer. Sungkyung was left speechless.

" C-Court? " she stuttered.

" I just said that. " Sunghoon chuckled. " What do you say? "

" That's the problem. I don't know what to say. "  she admitted.

" Flattered?- "

" No that's not it Sunghoon." said Sungkyung who looked at him the eye. Sunghoon saw nothing in her eyes, he did know if it was sadness, anger or happiness.

He was absolutely clueless.

" If not flattered then what? Is something wrong? "

" Doyum is courting me too. "

Sungkyung spoke out, making Sunghoon ball his hand into a fist. He couldn't believe it, Doyum was already 3 steps further than him. But he's not going to lose to him.

" Then tell him to keep an eye out. I'm fighting for you and that's final. " he spoke with confidence.

" But- " about to talk to Sunghoon out of it, her phone stated ringing.

It was Linlin.

" Excuse me for a second." Sungkyung turned away and walked a few steps further. " Hello, Linlin? "

" Sungkyung! Jiheon has gotten into an accident, a major one."

" What? "