Chapter 20: Goodgirls are rays of sunshine

Cindy's POV

"Why are you guys so up in my business all of a sudden?! Why do you suddenly care?! It's getting so annoying, all I wanted was lunch not an interview geez, leave me alone!"

I slam my room door shut and jump on my bed, groaning, my tummy rumbles, fuck I'm hungry. I don't know what's gotten into my parents, I woke up see my mum in my study desk, reading my chats, scrolling through my phone, like what the fuck?!

I hear a chuckle and my head snaps to my window. I see...Chase?

He looks...decent, his bruises are there, but they're going, he must have a thick skin. He's wearing a white tee and blue shorts with white sneakers, his hair is tamed, but his eyes look a bit red, I remain where I am, to be careful.

"I'm not gonna bite Cindy, stop looking at me like I'm some sort of animal" he says, scoffing and I stand up slowly, walking over to him.

"Why are you here?"

"Can't I come visit my girlfriend?" He says, shrugging.

"Oookayyyy"

"Sunshine, I'm not high, I'm not always high" he says, scoffing.

"Chase..."

"Sunshine, 2 days ago, you were yelling at your parents that they didn't care, now they're caring and you're yelling at them to stop" he says, shaking his head

"It's just...they're acting like they're contesting for world's best parent, and since they have no idea how to act like a parent, they bought a parenting manual and now they're following all the guidelines strictly, not even giving me space" I whine and he laughs, actually laughs, I smile.

I haven't heard him laugh in a while and I'm happy that I made him laugh, it's a deep airy sound and I plan to make him laugh today.

"Parenting manual" he mutters, shaking his head "Only you sunshine, only you"

I sit beside him on the wide window pane. Our legs dangling, our backs facing Jake's window. I put my head on his shoulder and he puts his face in my hair, inhaling.

"Fuck sunshine, you smell so fucking nice" he groans into my hair and I giggle.

He lifts his head up, I tilt my head, so I can see his face, he leans down to give me a soft kiss on my lips. Then he looks at me with a pained expression.

"I'm so sorry Sunshine, I'm so sorry for hurting you, I was, I was diagnosed with something and I don't like it but...I just want you to know that I'm sorry, and I'm sorry that I cannot promise that I won't do worse because I know I will"

"Chase-"

"-You know I found out something and I freaked out and left the house, my first option was the drugs, I had already texted the guys, but hen I realised that I'd rather be happy than be numb, and today, my da-someone told me that you are the sunshine in my life, and I decided to come to you and now I'm happy I did"

He sighs and continues "I love you Cindy, I love you so much it scares me, and I know that you do not love me back, hell you should hate me-"

"-I don't." I quickly say and he kisses my temple

"I know, sunshine, I know. Frankly, I know that you do not hate anyone, even your parents, because you have a heart of gold, a nice soul, unlike..." he trails off

"Chase, what were you diagnosed with?" I ask, slowly, not wanting to push him.

"S-sad-distic P-personality Di-disorder" he stutters, looking at the ground. He never stutters. I keep quiet, and he just starts crying, I hug him, cradling him as he mumbles things.