Chapter 43: A delicious mess

Cindy's POV

"I said I'm fine Ryan, please go meet your girlfriend, before she glares her eyes out!" I snap, spitting out the word girlfriend.

I'm being petty, I know that, but I don't care. He needs to stop acting like this. He says, he doesn't love me, but he starts acting all touchy and sweet, making me fall harder than I already have.

He never said, he didn't love you

Oh, shut up!

Every since he saved me from Mr pervert, he hasn't left my side, and as much as I love how caring he's being and as much as I dislike Heather. If I was in her place, I wouldn't have liked him being all touchy with another girl. That's just wrong.

I look at Heather, who's looking as gorgeous as always in a red dress. As much as I dislike her, (because of her attitude, not because she's dating Ryan. It's not her fault if he likes her) I know she's prettier than I am.

 It's not her fault if he likes her) I know she's prettier than I am

Ryan sighs.

"You always say you're fine, even when you're not and I don't like when you lie to me, rather, try to lie to me sweetheart. You almost had a panic attack there, I think you need to go home, I can-"

"-I said, I'm fine Ryan!" I yell, catching the attention of few people. I flush and walk away from him as fast as I can. I go to a toilet and lock the door, I exhale, breathing heavily.

Oh God, what did I do? Shit, I'm such a fool. He must be feeling embarrassed. I scramble out of the toilet and almost run into the main hall.

I see Ryan. He's with Heather, a drink in his hand. His cheeks a little flushed, probably from embarrassment, I wince. Heather's saying something, her mouth moving nonstop, but he doesn't look like he's paying attention. Instead, his eyes are scanning the hall.

Probably looking for you

Shut up!

I walk over to him, silently and our eyes meet. His harden and he immediately pulls Heather in for a kiss. The latter kisses back immediately.

It's fine, Cindy. Breathe in, out. In, out. In, out.

"You doing a mantra?" A voice asks and I spin round, a smile on my face.

"Oh Vincent, just the one I needed" I say and kiss him. Our eyes widen and we both stumble back.

"I-I'm so sorry! Oh god! Shit, uh, Fuck"

"Fuck, Cindy"

"Shit. I'm such a fool" We both splutter a bunch of curse words and then we start laughing, laughing like fools.

"Oh geez, I really can't believe I did that"

"Ryan and Heather huh?" He asks and I nod, my chest constricting with pain at the memory.