Chapter 32: Rockstars have sad times too

Cindy's POV

I'm finally getting discharged. I'm so happy. I officially hate hospitals. I've been here for 2 weeks and my neck is fine. There's a scar there but I'm fine.

My friends always came visiting, Missy, Ryan and Amelia came everyday after school. Although Ryan always stayed at the door, I usually pretend like I don't see him but my heart flutters at the fact that he comes.

Everyone came today and the nurse just removed my IV, They said my parents handled the bill and left, said they had a business trip.

I sigh. Typical.

I put on the clothes Amelia brought for me.

Not really my style but it will do. I leave the room and meet all of them.

They all came, the band, the five and my besties.

"Hey guys" I say and they all smile, hugging me. I hug them back and collect my meds. I see Ryan leave and I excuse myself.

"Ryan!" I call as I hear thunder, oh shit it's gonna rain. He turns around looking shocked.

"What's wrong?" he asks coming closer.

"Thanks for...you know....Chase" I say and he smiles

"It was nothing" he says and I frown. None of us say anything, just look into each other's eyes and I realise that we're leaning in.

As we get closer, it starts raining. He straightens up immediately and an awkward silence falls as we stand in the pouring rain.

"Look Cindy..."

"-I love you" I say, looking him straight in the eyes and an emotion flashes through them but it's gone before I can put my finger on it.

"Cindy... i- we can't. I'm not the one for you okay? All I'll do is hurt you and I can't bear to see you hurt, You don't love me okay? That's just what you think-"

"-I'm not a child Ryan, I know what love is! I do!" I exclaim and he gives me a sad smile.

Wraps his jacket around my shoulders, gives me a kiss on my forehead and whispers.

"You need to go back in, you don't want to catch a cold, you're still recovering. You're a strong girl, you know that? You've been through a lot and you still smile. My strawberry" he says, gets on his bike and leaves.

I sit on the floor and cry, as Vincent puts me on his bike, Cry when we get to the bandhouse, cry when I get into the shower, change into my pjs. No one asks why I'm crying and I'm grateful for that. Drake tucks me in and I  cry myself to sleep.

...

I wake up very late. I check the time, it's 4PM. I've never slept this late before. I have my bath, put on my clothes and do simple makeup.