Chapter 41: We're not a couple

Cindy's POV

"No. I don't like it"

"Urgh, Amelia, you're so frustrating, just pick one already!" I groan and she huffs, putting the blue dress into the bag and we check out.

My parents came home and announced that we had a gala on Thanksgiving. Dad said I could bring all my friends, surprisingly. And since then, Amelia and Lindsy have been freaking out.

They decided to get their own dresses this time and we've spent approximately 5 hours at the mall, looking for dresses and Ryan has been blowing up my phone.

He was supposed to tutor me today after we came back from the mall and the time scheduled was more than an hour ago and he's been with my parents all through, he's freaking out.

I rush into the car, speeding home after dropping them off. I enter the house and find Mom, dad and Ryan, laughing with the tv on and wine glasses.

My eyes practically bulge out of their sockets.

"Oh don't look so surprised dearie, this young man over here is a charmer" Mum says and Ryan grins at me, my heart skips a beat. Yes mum, yes he is.

"Great. Um, Ryan? Let's go" I say and he stands up immediately.

"I have to leave now, it was nice meeting you both" he says, kissing my mom's hand and she giggles.

I roll my eyes and go upstairs, dropping the shopping bags on my bed. I sigh and lay on the bed.

"Tired?" Ryan asks as he enters the room

"You don't know the half of it" I groan and he laughs. God that laugh...

Keep it together Cindy!

He brings out his books and I bring out mine.

"I'm giving you a classwork" He says and I pout. He chuckles and ticks some questions, handing me the textbook, I cross my legs, remembering that I forgot to do my yoga, but I push that away.

I start answering the questions. I can't believe it, it's-it's actually-oh my God-it's..easy? The letters don't look jumbled and scattered. I...understand?

I furrow my eyebrows, biting my lip, hard. Suddenly, Ryan uses his thumb to pull out my bottom lip from my teeth. I don't look at him, but blush.

I answer the questions, grinning when reach the last one.

Which molecule has a linear geometry.
(a) SO_2 (b) H_20 (c) OF_2 (d) CO_2

*This is sooo Google. I do not do Chemistry and looking at this question, I'm happy I don't. Sorry! On with the story"

Easy, CO_2!

"Can you explain why you think that's the answer?" A voice asks from beside me and I jump, when did he get so close?

"Uh, um-yeah, um" Get it together Cindy! "Yeah. Um, The carbon dioxide molecule has a general formula AX_2, Where A represents, um, the um, central atom? and uh, X is the atom that is connected to the um, A? No, to the central atom, sometimes referred to as...um, referred to as, um....um, Ligands! Yeah Ligands" I say, grinning

"That's not all, Cindy" He says and I groan, cracking my brain

"The structure of the um, carbon dioxide has no lone present in the central atom that can cause a um, cause a, shit! Cause a...shift! Yes shift! Cause a shift in the geometry. Given with 2 bonding or um, electronic, no, electron? electron um, pairs, it will have linear a structure" I stutter, smiling when I finish.