Chapter 20: Thanksgiving Day - Part One: Laura (continued)

Running to the dining room, Laura searched for a bottle of vodka from the liquor cabinet

Running to the dining room, Laura searched for a bottle of vodka from the liquor cabinet. She spoke loudly so Michael and Nicole could still hear.

Laura: Have you ever played 'Never Have I Ever?'

Nicole: Laura, no--

Laura: It's really fun, Michael! And a great way we can all get to know each other better.

Michael: Oh great! How do you play?

Returning with the bottle and 3 shot glasses, Michael raised his eyebrows and smirked. Nicole simply shook her head.

Nicole: Laura, we can't--

Laura: It's super easy, Michael! So we just take turns trying to think of things that we've never done, but we think the other two have. So, for example, I would say, 'Never have I ever been to California.' Which is true for me. But if you have been to California, you take a shot.

Nicole: Michael doesn't drink--

Michael: Not usually... But I think I'd like to play!

Laura was already filling the shots as she spoke, then walked around the island and handed a glass to each of them.

Michael: Oh, we're starting now?

Nicole: You really don't have to do this, Michael.

Michael: No-- no, it sounds fun!

Michael took the glass from her hand, first smelling it, then taking a sip making him react immediately.

Michael: Gahh-- It burns!

Nicole: It's vodka--

Laura: I'll get you some orange juice!

As usual in their relationship, Laura was thrilled, while Nicole held reservations. Nicole wasn't a big drinker these days, but she was used to Laura's antics. They would often turn movies or card

games into drinking games on weekends when her parents were out of town. It often did make things more interesting by lowering Nicole's inhibitions. But she wasn't sure if Michael could handle it. Nicole tipped the glass to her lips and drank the shot in one swallow then let out a firm exhale. Michael was shocked!

Laura: That's my girl!--

Michael: Now I look like a wimp!

Nicole: Two more rounds and you won't even feel it. Ok, my turn! Never have I ever... groped my best friend's boyfriend!

The three laughed loudly as Nicole filled Laura's glass. She drank it quickly then both of the girls turned back to Michael. It was his turn and he still had half of his first shot to finish.

Nicole: Come on Michael, you can do it!

Laura: Just drink it real quick!

Michael sighed, looked at the glass, closed his eyes and did as told, quickly followed by a long swig of orange juice. Nicole smiled broadly at him before reaching up for a kiss. Michael hated the taste of vodka, but he would drink the whole bottle if it meant he could get more of Nicole's sweet kisses.