6

As it was the end of detention, I quickly walked my way towards the parking lot where I went towards my car.

"Y/N!" I heard behind me. He ran towards me as I opened my car door. "What do you want?" I sighed while crossing my arms. 

"Why don't you join me for some dinner?" 

"No thanks." I said smiling while entering my car, rolling my eyes. "Hey, come on. You do owe me." 

"Owe you what?" 

"You made me drive you all the way to your house, when you have a car." 

"Yeah, but you deserved that." 

"Well, let me say I'm sorry by paying for your dinner." He said begging. I then thought about it, and I guess why not, since he did let me stay after school and I was starving.

"You're also paying for desert." I said raising my eyebrow. "Done." He smiled. He then went towards his car and I followed him with my own.

We both drove towards where he took me, and it turned out he took me to some Italian restaurant, and it looked quite fancy, especially with the fairy lights. This was going to be good. 

We left our cars and finally got a seat inside the dim restaurant, on a booth. "How come you wanted to come here?" I said looking at the menu. "Well because they have good food-" 

"No not that. Why did you want to make it up to me?" 

"You looked really upset, so I guess this is the least I could do." He smiled. "Whatever old man." I sighed while choosing what to eat. We placed our orders and basically talked all night, just enjoying every moment. This guy is my teacher, but damn he's better than any guy I've ever been out with. 

"I hope you don't mind me asking," he said taking a sip of his drink. "How come your mom is a single mom?" 

"Well," I said looking down. "My dad was in the navy, and he got killed a long time go." 

"Oh wow, I'm so sorry." He said frowning. 

"Don't be. My mom has been stronger than ever, and I'm proud of her." 

"That's great, really." He smiled. "What about you? How come you're teaching at such a young age? You didn't attend college?" 

"Well, it's kinda a long story, but long story short, I skipped a few grades." 

"So you a smart guy?" I giggled. 

"Mhm, but not smart at making decisions." He said sighing while taking a bite of his food. "I can see." I said opening my eyes wide while laughing. 

"Yeah, sorry about that." He chuckled. I looked at him as he was eating his pasta, and I couldn't stop but admire how he looked. He then looked up at me and noticed, which made him smile, and look a bit nervous.  

"Sorry," I said scratching my arm and looking away. I didn't want to make him feel like I was a complete weirdo, I just like to admire his looks. "Sorry for what?" He chuckled.

"Don't apologise for nothing." He said. It didn't take long until he got the check and it got to night real fast. I guess I would have to skip the dinner my mom made for tonight. 

"Thanks for coming along." He said smiling as we both looked at the city lights. "Don't worry about it, you do owe one anyways." 

"Yeah, well you take care, and I'll see you tomorrow." He said placing his hands in his pockets as the cold air went all over us. 

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." I smiled, waking towards my car. As he was about to go to his, he turned around and looked at me. 

"I got you in detention on purpose!" He said from a far. "What?!" I said looking at him while opening my mouth. "Why would you do that?!"

"Because I wanna see you more often!" He smiled as the smoke of the cold air came out his mouth. 

"You dick!" I laughed. 

"See you tomorrow!" He waved while laughing out loud, running to his car. "Bye Mr Holland!" 

"Call me Tom!" He smiled. 

I can't believe what he said. Why would Tom want to see me?! He's so shady. Looks like this will be fun.