32

I knocked on his door and slowly opened to door to see him looking at his MacBook.

"Hello." I smiled as I entered his office.

"Oh! Hey gorgeous." He smiled back. I walked into his office and sat on the modern chairs that was in front of his desk. "What's this surprise?"

"Well! Since it's Friday, I was thinking of taking you out for dinner, on me." I giggled.

"Oh really? And where are we going?" He smirked and quickly scanned my body.

Probably dying to see what I have on under this long coat.

"Well! I can't tell you until we leave."

"Oh well then give me ten minutes till-" he tried saying until he got interrupted by some lady. She had beach blonde hair and basically looked like a Victoria secret model. I was impressed about the people working here. It's a building full of attractive people.

"Mr Holland, there is some papers I need you to see." Her rich British accent filled the room. She walked towards him, not even noticing my existence. She bent down, opening the file that was in her hand. Tom then cleared his throat and looked down at the folder, listening to what she had to say. "Thanks!" She smiled as he explained everything.

After she closed the file she looked at him and took a deep breath. "Are you free tonight? We could probably get some drinks with my friends, maybe a dinner-"

"I can't." He said smiling with sympathy. "I'm going out with my girlfriend tonight." He cleared his throat at the awkwardness of how I was just sitting and watching all this.

"Oh!" She opened her eyes wide. "Oh." She furrowed her eyebrows from embarrassment. "Okay then." She nodded then quickly left the room.

"Someone has a crush." I chuckled.

"This is what I have to deal with everyday. She's not the only one by the way."

"Tom, you're just too sexy. I'm actually pretty lucky I have you, I mean-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there. Don't you dare compare yourself to any of these women, do you understand?" He pointed his finger at me while opening his eyes wide.

"Okay! Damn." I giggled. "Anyways, I'll be waiting for you in my car." I stood up and took my handbag. "Don't be late." I opened my long coat and let it slide off my shoulders to expose a sexy tight dress I bought for him.

"Y/N." He said opening his mouth, staring at my body.

"My eyes are up here Mr Holland." I smirked at him. "See you in 15 minutes." I giggled as I walked out his office. As I walked towards the elevator all eyes were on me, it was crazy because I never had that experience before. I smiled as I went to my car, knowing Tom will just bounce and come get me, and I was right.

He came back after five minutes in my car...

"That was fast." I laughed as he entered.

"I'm just excited for after dinner."

"Oh what makes you think there's an after dinner?"

"Y/NNNN." He groaned like a baby. He pouted like a puppy and kept stroking my arm.

"Tom!" I laughed as I backed the car up. "We will see about that, let's just eat." I smiled as I drove towards the restaurant. I decided I wanted to invite him to a really fancy restaurant, since he's been doing so much for me, I have to repay him. As we reached the restaurant, I held his hand and followed the waiter to our table. He looked around the area and looked a little upset, which bothered me.

"Tom? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He mumbled looking at the menu, not bothering to eye me.

"Tom." I said taking his menu away.

"What?!" He hissed looking at me.

"What's wrong?!"

"Y/N why didn't you tell me you were taking me to a fancy restaurant?"

"Tom what's wrong with that? I wanted to surprise you."

"Do you see the way I'm dressed? I could have worn something a little bit decent then a t-shirt and jeans-"

"Oh my god Tom do you hear yourself? Who cares?!"

"Who cares?! Look around you. Everyone is in classy shit, even you! I look like a fucking fool." He said as he quickly pushed his chair back and walked away, throwing the table cloth on his empty plate. I guess he was kinda right, but I really didn't expect him to care. I was dressed all fancy, and he took it as a bad thing, as if it's embarrassing, but I didn't care. I didn't give a damn about looks, the world didn't matter to me so as long as we're together.

I walked out the restaurant and told the waiter that we were canceling the reservation. I looked around the place for Tom, giving him a call and finally hearing his phone go off, but he didn't bother picking it up. I followed to noise to see him standing in the dark, smoking his cigarette.

"Excuse me?!" I said as I quickly walked towards him, taking the cigarette from his hand and throwing it on the floor.

"What was that for?!" He raised his voice.

"Tom you're acting like a big baby right now! Let's leave, I canceled the reservations." I rolled my eyes as I walked away from the creepy dark area. I looked at him as he just stood there, looking at the floor. I obviously had to wait for him, since he was my responsibility tonight.

"Damn Ma." I heard some white guy say, trying to act like he's the shit. It was disgusting the way he looked at me. "You here all alone?"

"Fuck off." I hissed.

"Damn, you don't have be such a bitch-" he tried saying until he got pushed what looked like a train, but was Tom. He held on his shirt and threatened to punch him.

"Talk to her like that again bitch!" He yelled.

"Get off him! Stop!" I said to Tom, pulling him from his shoulders. "What is wrong with you?!" I said as he finally released the guy. "My god just stop! I fucking brought you here to have a good night, a fancy ass restaurant and you can't even be thankful enough to stay, just because of the way you're dressed." I said to him as people around us literally stared at us.

"Ugh forget I even invited you." I rolled my eyes as I walked away. I didn't bother calling for him or even look back. I felt bad because I didn't tell him about the occasion, and I understood he wanted this to be perfect, but he needs to relax on that whole perfect part. I don't believe in perfection, I only strive for effort. Something he never understood.

I left him behind.