Chapter 2

Harlows POV

We were then escorted by Officer Parker out of the investigation room. Not before I gave officer Ryles a death glare and middle finger as I walked out.

Katty was walking in front of me and Roman. Roman was still holding my hand tight and officer Parker walked behind making sure we don't run again.

We then reached a small silver polo car. Katty told us to hop in the back as she said bye and thanks to officer Parker.

"So when we reach to your guy's house. Pack whatever stuff you need we will head straight to the airport." She looked in the rearview mirror as she spoke driving. We both nodded our heads.

"Where do our brothers live? Why do we have to fly?" Roman asked.

"Oh silly me I forgot to mention they live in Chicago." Right now we lived in Arizona in a small town. So moving into the city is a big deal.

It was still early in the morning, on the dashboard clock it read nine. We then pulled up to the run down flats. It was not a pleasant stight. When we were driving you could tell when you were leaving the good part of the town into the bad part.

We walked up the stairs since elevator doesn't work. To be honest I don't think it ever worked while we have been living here. Somehow Katty has a key and is able to unlock the door into the flat. The door read 69, I know ironic. It was weird to think this would be the last time walking through this musty old door.

"I'll wait out here for you guys. Try not take long cause we have to be in the airport for half 10." We both nodded and headed towards our room. I grabbed this medium sized, black suitcase from under the bed. Last time we use this was when we moved here. When we pulled it out dust was all over it.

Roman started patting it to remove the dust but it only made him sneeze and cough. "Idiot." I laughed at him. He just glared at me. I rolled my eyes and made it towards my pile of clothes that were stacked neatly in the corner of our room. Since we didn't have a press to put them in.

I grabed both piles of clothes, me and Roman had the same amount of clothing each. We only had one pair of shoes aswell. Since most money went to food and sadly our mother.

Roman placed the clothes that I put on the bed into the suitcase. I grabbed extra things. I threw in my teddy bear that I've always had since a baby. It was a small bear with dark brown fur and it had a blue top on him. Then it had two big black button eyes. I can't remember who gave it to me but I've just always had it.

One thing I had hid from my mom was a jewelry box. To be more specific her jewellery box. Before she turned to drugs she use to tell me how that this jewellery box was passed down generations. I couldn't let her sell it so I hid it on her. She went mad at me when she found out I took it, but it was for the best.

It was a wooden box small but big at the same time. It had these gorgeous ingravings for detail on the box. Swirls lined it. When you opened it. It had a velvet material lining the inside. It contained my mothers wedding ring, engagement ring, a necklace with Linda engraved on it and another necklace with a pendant of two hands holding a heart.

I placed that in the suitcase. Roman looked up at me. "Your bring that, I thought mom lost it."

"No I hid it on her because she was not in the right mind and she would only regret it."